Hills District Suburbs with train stations?

Flake

The North West rail line is being constructed now, but I'm not sure when it will open. In the meantime, you have to rely on buses and/or drive yourself. There is a pretty good bus service, I believe, almost like a train line? Well, the buses drive down a separate 'T Way?' I've never done it. I shall ask my friend about it as she lives in Winston Hills.

http://nwrail.transport.nsw.gov.au/

Thank you for your information!

I can't wait for the North West Rail link to open, will make such a difference to hills living! ( hopefully won't raise the house prices too much though!!!)

I know the bus service well and although frequent, it's more often than not full up and the buses drive straight by, which can be infuriating.

I think we will need to consider more western areas such as Quakers Hill etc. to get the train line.

thanks again for your post x

I originally moved to Surry Hills, in 1987, because I did not like commuting from the Northern Beaches (Narrabeen.) Now, I'm working at Penrith, and if the job was more permanent, and if I was at the beginning of my career, I would probably consider moving to Penrith. I like the area and the train service to CBD is excellent, and you are on the edge of The Blue Mts, so perhaps consider moving somewhere like that?

Seven Hills has a train station, if you like it there of course. Castle Hill is good as the bus interchange is there, so you get on at the start and can sit down.

Thats certainly a great point about the bus at castle hill!! Thank you x

I like Castle Hill, Baulkham Hills, Winston Hills, was in the Winston pub last night on the way back with a friend who lives up that way. We drove there from the City via Harbour Bridge, Lane Cove Tunnel, and along the M2/M7 (can never remember which is which?) Coming home, went down (Old?) Windsor Rd, towards Parramatta. I think my friend said it takes about 20 minutes from Winston Hills to Parra on the bus. Good roads all the way, but this was late at night, so might be different in the rush (sic) hour. We came home via Victoria Road, again pleasant with no traffic, Gladesville Bridge and Anzac Bridge.

Reminds me, this bloke walked out in front of me at the lights on Bathurst St, his expression was ?catatonic? Same thing happened on the same road at intersection with George St, when a bunch of girls crossed just as the lights changed, should have heard the 'toots'. I don't know who I was most angry at, the girls who stopped me moving or the cars behind me who expected me to run them down!

I must say, that I like living by a station, and whilst I saw plenty of nice looking homes, and the Winston pub was pleasant too, I would never move out to the 'burbs! I'm too used to living in the inner city, and having everything I want walking distance.

I knew nothing about Penrith until I started working there a couple of years ago, and I've grown to appreciate it. I like the 'proper' 'High Street' just like England, and there are plenty of restaurants, shops, cinema, and the train service is good because the Blue Mts trains stop there too. They get to Central in 50 minutes as they have only 4/5 stops, whereas the slower metropolitan trains do it in 65-70 minutes, but they do go on through the City to Town Hall and Wynyard (and over the Bridge all the way to Hornsby I think.) You have to change at Central and walk from 'Country' platforms to the metro lines.

Winston Hills is where we started out, then moved to Castle Hill. The bus on Old Windsor Road from WH takes 20 mins to Parra and then take your pick from any train, however, busses are full in the peak hours. From Castle Hill intergchange the city busses get straight onto the M2 and into the city quickly, there are also plenty and you never wait for long.

For the OP, you could also check out North Parramatta and Northmead for proximity to trains. Otherwise, Castle Hill, Baulkham Hills, parts of Cherrybrook? or even Bella Vista and the early part of Kellyville.

The motorway is very fast from the City, but I'm not sure what it's like in the 'rush hour?' It might be dear doing it every day with the various tolls, Harbour Bridge, Lane Cove Tunnel, M2/M7?

There is a place I liked, though would not like commuting to City, Glenorie, I think, had a 'village' like atmosphere.

• 4 weeks later...

The closest train stations from the Hills Shire are Beecroft to the east or Schofields, to the west. We live in Kellyville and there is a bus which goes to the CBD regularly. If you are coming down in October, we are renting our house from 6 October to 1 November while we go on holiday. Would give you time to look around for a rental without paying ridiculous hotel rentals. More info? Email me on bobc29@gmail.com or Skype me on rmconley.

Bob Conley

Archived