Immigration agent or not??!!

Aaronspark

Hi

I'm new to the forum, lots of good info on here. Getting ready to start my visa application but would like to hear from people who have used immigration agents and if they thought it was worth it?

I'm a electrician by trade, and 1 reason for me to use an agent would be to help with skills assessment etc. has a body else found this kind of help useful from an agent? Or not as the case may be??!

Thanks in advance!

If you do a search, you'll find a lot of threads on this topic. The consensus will be that it depends on whether you're confident you can do the necessary research and gather the documents and complete the paperwork. Some people are confident and apply quite successfully. Some people are confident and fail, losing their visa application fees. Others aren't confident or don't have the time to do it on their own.

Hi @Aaronspark - would definitely echo the comments above. If your application should be relatively straight forward (because you don't have any circumstances out of the ordinary) and you're confident researching using the internet then you might well be able to do it yourself. There is lots of helpful information on this forum and also on the department of immigration website.

If you're applying as an electrician it looks like TRA assesses skills. Here's a link to their website: http://www.tradesrecognitionaustralia.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx

It will give you an idea of what you need to do.

Good luck :)

Thanks for the advice. After looking at the TRA website on the link it appears it's not as straight forward as i thought for myself.

TRA require 12 months experience in the last 3 months. I have 8 that will be easy to provide evidenced for, (although hours worked would equal to nearly a year on a 38 hr wk). Started a career in a different field 2 years ago but can claim another 6-7 months casual work whilst in that role. Just not as easy providing experience evidence.

Has anybody been in a similar situation or have any advice regarding work experience and the skills assessment?

Archived