School Fees in South Australia

debbie2302

Guest leanneandmark

You don't pay International fees, just the same fees as everyone else. They vary quite alot i think,.. but i believe its a few hundred dollars a year.

Thanks for that leanneandmark, its so confusing with some states charging £'000s amd some not. We have been to see agent today (1st appt) and trying to make a decision on which state to get sponsorship with and with having three children in secondary school, this is a factor we have to look at. Thanks again for your info. Oh by the way, where are you heading to?

Debbie, Stuart & Kids

Debs come to Perth with us you dont have to pay there LOL

Sharon

Hi Sharon

Unfortunately Perth or WA is not an option for us, as Stuart's skills are not on the MODL and Perth are not sponsoring regional visas for Stuart's area of expertise. The only way into WA for us is on a 457 visa.

Debbie, Stuart & Kids

Guest leanneandmark

Seaford K7 - $180 ish

Aberfoyle Hub Primary School - $265.

Secondary public school charge around $500 (yr 9)

Also found this,

School fees are set by the state, the standard amount for primary is about $160 and about $250 for secondary. On top of this the schools can set other levies for building works, libraries etc. these extra charges have to be approved by the school community via the school management committee. my children's fees at primary school were about 250 each and the high school they would have gone to charged 450 per child. The fees at primary school cover stationary, which is given out at the start of the year. I f it runs out you have to buy more. For secondary you have to buy the stationary and some text book if a work book is needed. If you send your children to private schools you have to pay for everything but some do have text book hire schemes.

And this

The private schools do discounts for every child you send there after the 1st one, they do installments if you are having difficulty paying and have a set amount of places for low income familes who pay less.

I pay $6,000 a yr for my daughter (daycare cost me $14,000 a yr so it's not that bad), everything including pencils, rubbers, glue, books, field trips, camps, etc is included). The 2nd child is 80%, the 3rd 70% and so on. If you have 4 or more you get a huge discount.

Glad to read the info on the public schools. My daughter goes to private soley because we move house every 12 months and she needs some stability but will look into public when we settle down.

Hope this helps, Leanne

Thanks again for that leanneandmark, its nice to know that we wont have to pay £'000s for the three of them. Its hard trying to make a decision on where to go, but we only have a couple of regions that will sponsor us and that is SA and NSW and I believe you do pay the school fees in NSW and they are dear too.

We are 5 points short of the magic 120 and are trying to find out ways of getting the points, this then gives us the option to go anywhere, but we have to sort this out asap before the visa is lodged.

Are you quite a way down your journey and what line of work are you in?

Good luck for the future.

Debbie, Stuart & Kids

Debbie, Stuart & Kids

Archived