Help for visa subclass 309/100 ( partner visa )

Laith A Alawneh

Hello .

Please check the website bellow that contains some information about processing time for visa subclass 100 ( permanent ) .

https://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/5.0.htm

I was lodged for visa subclass 309/100 on 3/2/2014 , after 21 days since i lodged my application i granted the visa subclass 309 ( Temporary ) , and the immi website wrote is the processing time for subclass 100 ( permanent ) is 6 month for a low risk country and 8 month for a high risk country ( As Website above ) , and i'm from a high risk country , now the question is :

I must wait 8 month since i granted the subclass 309 ( Temporary ) to grant the visa subclass 100 ( permanent ) ?

Regards

Laith Alawneh .

Laith, you are not eligible to *apply* for the PR 100 visa until two years after you applied for the 309, so for you that will be 3/2/2016. Once you apply for it, it takes a few months to be granted.

Thank you for your reply .

but the immi said that is the process time for visa subclass 309/100 is 2 years , that 10 - 12 month for subclass 309 and 8 - 10 month for subclass 100 , and im already granted the visa subclass 309 , this mean im now in the second period for subclass 100 , and i must wait 8 -10 month since i granted the visa subclass 309 ?

but the immi said that is the process time for visa subclass 309/100 is 2 years , that 10 - 12 month for subclass 309 and 8 - 10 month for subclass 100 , and im already granted the visa subclass 309 , this mean im now in the second period for subclass 100 , and i must wait 8 -10 month since i granted the visa subclass 309 ?

No, it is two years from when you first applied, as already explained.

I think you're confusing processing time with eligibility. Processing time for 309 is typically 10-12 months but you were very fortunate that you were granted yours very quickly.

You become eligible for the 100 visa 2 years after applying for the 309. So they will contact you as you're nearing that date (in 2016) to submit documents proving you're still in an ongoing relationship with your partner. The processing of that second stage visa can take several months.

Like MaggieMay and I have both said - you are eligible for the 100 two years after you APPLY for the 309. It doesn't matter how long they take to process your 309 - two years after you APPLY for it is when you are eligible to be reassessed for the 100 (PR). Getting your 309 faster in no way changes when you are eligible for your 100 visa. Some people are unlucky and their 309s take much longer to be processed - if it took 18 months for someone's 309 to be processed, they would be eligible for the 100 just six months after the 309 was granted (18 months + six months = two years). Then they would apply, and several months after that is when the 100 would be granted.

You will be eligible to do your reassessment for your PR on 3/2/2016. If processing times are still what they are currently, you'll probably receive your PR between 3/5/2016 and 3/8/2016.

The processing times you provided a link to above are for people who apply DIRECTLY to an 801 (and who don't have to do the two-year 820 visa first). AND those linked processing times are years out of date at this point and very misleading, anyway, even if they did apply to you (which they don't).

Archived