Which area!!!

Milly71

My name is milly, I am moving to aus in October with my partner and child and I'm really indecisive about areas. The ones we are interested in are: all in Brisbane, north lakes, sandgate, kawana waters, caloundra, caboolture, we're just worried about job availability and commuting to Brisbane cbd. I would like hospital work in cssd department and my partner works in a call center. Any advice would be fantastic.x

I've moved this thread to the QLD sub forum on here :) It will appear in Migration still for a few days but till redirect to QLD section.

Cheers

snifter

My name is milly, I am moving to aus in October with my partner and child and I'm really indecisive about areas. The ones we are interested in are: all in Brisbane, north lakes, sandgate, kawana waters, caloundra, caboolture, we're just worried about job availability and commuting to Brisbane cbd. I would like hospital work in cssd department and my partner works in a call center. Any advice would be fantastic.x

PM me

A lot of those would be a very long commute into the Brisbane cbd. A lot of people on here advise against living on the Sunshine Coast for that reason. I navigate a very small amount of Gympie Road on my work route and it's a nightmare.

North Lakes would be a pretty long commute but plenty manage it and I believe they are putting in a train line at some point but no idea when.

Caboolture - I have not heard one positive thing about there but I don't have any personal experience.

Out of the ones you mention, I would say Sandgate - and also Shorncliffe (great state school last I looked) would be pretty good bets with good transport links to the city.

Also around Ferny Hills, the Gap etc might be a go - unless you specifically want beach.

Hi Milly71,

We are also moving to Brisbane at the end of October from the UK and are in a similar position to yourselves,when I say we I mean my partner,Stepson and our daughter who will be three in November.

If you want to meet up for a coffee that would be great and we can all be indecisive together!!

Stevio

Hi Milly71, try looking at a map of Brisbane which has the train routes/stations on it to check for possible suburbs to settle, you can then check these a against where the hospitals are for potential work. Train and bus timetables can also be checked on line to get an idea of commute times. Also note that not many bus services go through the city only to the cbd so any work near the cbd could mean two bus's.

As an example of potential area's where we live (Redland City) Cleveland has both a public and private hospital, as well as train a station but is a 60min train ride to Brisbane city, to get to other Hospitals from here would probably involve train & bus or two bus's and well over 1hr each way.

Good luck with your choice and journey

Archived