Sunshine coast recommendations

BestyBlue

Hi everyone,

I'm planning a little break for me and my family for the beginning of October on the Sunshine Coast. On the first day we are going to take our daughter to Australia Zoo for her birthday, then we would like to go and spend a few days on the Sunshine Coast. Can you recommend any areas / hotels that you think are really nice? Obviously needs to be suitable for a nine year old :)

Am getting a little excited about booking our first little trip away... :cool:

Hi as the other person says, stick with Mooloolaba, as Auz zoo is easy access from there. its nice beach, and everything around you, sunshine plaza, kawana, easy to go to maleny and montville, and the a good walk along the beach - and still takes my breath away - walk on sun shine and sunrise beach before go to noosa heads, and stroll along Hasting st. Not knocking twin waters, but it is bit noisy with the planes overhead, and also you need to go out to see the real sunny coast, so yes stick with Mooloolaba, and listen to the accents when you have a coffee at the surf club, alot of poms. If you still have some jet lag, get up early ( 5-5.15am) and go for a stroll along the beach front, and you come across walkers rush hour, amazing how hectic the walk ways get with strutt your stuff oldies..... but yeah you will see the daily life on the coast starts at 5am - and its a nice time to have a coffee and watch life unwind... please be prepared as so many say - its expensive.....so don't be shy to bring pack lunches to the beach or auz zoo.....what ever you do ......do it slowly as that is the pace, having a million places to see will mean you will miss the spirit of the place

Mantra at Mooloolaba is pretty good have stayed there and very central. Basically you can't go wrong for apartments at the sunny coast many many good ones to choose from, I'd just choose whatever is best value and sanity check with tripadvisor

Archived