Dependent Children in Education

Angie333

Hi, been a while since I logged on as I've been settling in and enjoying my married life in Oz but I wonder if anyone can give me a bit of advice please. I came to Oz a couple of years ago after getting remarried and am at the second stage of my visa being processed to permanent. I am loving Australia and am happy settling in with a great job and my family here but I do miss my family back home. My youngest son was originally going to emigrate with me but he stayed in the UK as he was in full-time education and then ended up having a major spinal operation that stopped him from flying. What I'd like to know is whether with him having been in education all this time at college whether there is anyway that he could come as a my dependent child even though he has been staying with his dad the last two years? He is 19 due to turn 20 next month. My eldest son is here at the moment on his second whv and is hoping to do a student visa next and eventually stay as an enrolled nurse, as he has worked in aged/disability care and enjoys it. He is currently doing the whv to save money for this as its pretty expensive as an international student. Be glad of any advice :)

Hi, been a while since I logged on as I've been settling in and enjoying my married life in Oz but I wonder if anyone can give me a bit of advice please. I came to Oz a couple of years ago after getting remarried and am at the second stage of my visa being processed to permanent. I am loving Australia and am happy settling in with a great job and my family here but I do miss my family back home. My youngest son was originally going to emigrate with me but he stayed in the UK as he was in full-time education and then ended up having a major spinal operation that stopped him from flying. What I'd like to know is whether with him having been in education all this time at college whether there is anyway that he could come as a my dependent child even though he has been staying with his dad the last two years? He is 19 due to turn 20 next month. My eldest son is here at the moment on his second whv and is hoping to do a student visa next and eventually stay as an enrolled nurse, as he has worked in aged/disability care and enjoys it. He is currently doing the whv to save money for this as its pretty expensive as an international student. Be glad of any advice :)

You should consult a registered migration agent for advice about possible strategies.

Archived