Migration Agent... Who would you recommend?

Victoriwa

Yes, but your opinion was based on a false premise ... that you had successfully communicated with us, when in fact you hadn't.

I wish you well, but please be careful about inferring that we didn't respond intentionally, or that we don't get back to people - because that is absolutely not what we are about as a business.

Best regards.

I had a look on this forum a few days ago and saw that Go Matilda were highly recommended and my son emailed them and they contacted him within a few hours. Can't say any more than that as its early days for his queries but hopefully we have got in touch with the right company. But I will keep a note of the other names and pass them on to him too. This forum in invaluable for advice! :)

Can I just add that this morning I got a reply from the email that Go Matilda apparently did not receive on the 17th, replying to the email I did send.

Now, I do think this company are really good at what they do, but in this case to accuse me of purposely trying to state facts that were untrue to put down there company was uncalled for and I do not appreciate the way it was handled on this thread. A simple apology for not spotting the email and a reply would have been all it would have taken to gain my trust with them, as we all make mistakes.

I do not believe that yesterday they did not have the email, yet at 8.42am my email from last week suddenly arrived.

Alan, you are very good at what you do, I do recommend your company's advice to others, but please bare in mind this is not a forum to advertise your services and we are all entitled to an opinion. This is a forum for us to share our experiences of emigrating. Your approach and tone to my post to the OP was rude and not needed. For that reason, I personally will not be going through with your services. I recommend yourselves to others, but for me I am out.

Can I just add that this morning I got a reply from the email that Go Matilda apparently did not receive on the 17th, replying to the email I did send.

Now, I do think this company are really good at what they do, but in this case to accuse me of purposely trying to state facts that were untrue to put down there company was uncalled for and I do not appreciate the way it was handled on this thread. A simple apology for not spotting the email and a reply would have been all it would have taken to gain my trust with them, as we all make mistakes.

I do not believe that yesterday they did not have the email, yet at 8.42am my email from last week suddenly arrived.

Alan, you are very good at what you do, I do recommend your company's advice to others, but please bare in mind this is not a forum to advertise your services and we are all entitled to an opinion. This is a forum for us to share our experiences of emigrating. Your approach and tone to my post to the OP was rude and not needed. For that reason, I personally will not be going through with your services. I recommend yourselves to others, but for me I am out.

I fear you will not be satisfied with the service you get from any agent. The migration process is 10% paperwork and 90% patience. Sounds like you need to learn some..

Plenty of patience thanks, Iv waited 6 1/2 years so far to get to Australia... However, if I am paying thousands of pounds for a service, I do expect a service. I don't pay a migration agent thousands of pounds to do a process I can do myself just for the sake of it, I do it for a quick, reliable service that are able to support me when I need information. Can you explain Peach, what your views of a migration agent are? Explain why people pay thousands of pounds for a service they could do themselves?

As Alan, himself stated they usually reply as soon as possible. So yes, I am right in wondering why I didn't get a reply asking for a breakdown of costs after a week.

Plenty of patience thanks, Iv waited 6 1/2 years so far to get to Australia... However, if I am paying thousands of pounds for a service, I do expect a service. I don't pay a migration agent thousands of pounds to do a process I can do myself just for the sake of it, I do it for a quick, reliable service that are able to support me when I need information. Can you explain Peach, what your views of a migration agent are? Explain why people pay thousands of pounds for a service they could do themselves?

As Alan, himself stated they usually reply as soon as possible. So yes, I am right in wondering why I didn't get a reply asking for a breakdown of costs after a week.

For the record, I used Go Matilda's services for my own visa and continue to use GMTax for my UK and Australia tax affairs. I can't fault either side of his business, hence why I feel a need to defend them against the quite petty remarks you've chosen to make in a public forum against them.

People pay for the services of a migration agent, because they want the piece of mind that their application is correctly and accurately submitted. What they don't get you is a fast track service from DBIP or any kind of extra communication channels that would warrant information quickly. Typically, case officer tells status or asks migration agent for more information. Migrant agent passes it on to you. Your agent will only contact you when they have something to say, hassling them will just end in your frustration.

So yes a big boo hoo that for some reason your email got missed..

Wow Peach, so glad I don't know you outside this forum!

Like I say, I didn't particularly put the company down - but by all the posts that have appeared its turned this into something more than it was.

I have no reason to defend myself, if you want to twist my words and turn them into something I didn't say, that's up to you. I am bored of defending myself, as I have done no wrong. I have complimented this company on plenty of occasions too, however the initial fact I stated was true, it wasn't said in a nasty way but I was entitled to state it.

In all honesty Peach, let me know how 1 + 2 = 9?

Wow Peach, so glad I don't know you outside this forum!

That's a shame. I am much nicer away from here. I've said before that this forum does bring out the worst side of me.. Anyhow peace, wish you well with your migration. :wubclub:

Go Matilda used to be who I would recommend, I have had lots of advice along the way. However, I emailed them last week and I haven't had a reply yet asking about costs. To me, I would like to instruct an agent that gets back to me in a short period of time, as that is the most important factor through all the stress of the process, so for that reason, Go Matilda have lost my business. A week without a reply is not good enough.

Seemed a shame that although you say you had previously had lots of I assume free good advice from G Matilda when there was a delay of over a week with no reply, for who knows what reason, you didn't give them the benefit of of doubt and chased it up.

I haven't used G Matilda, but on the whole they have a very good name, and Alan has helped more posters than I can count with free advice for years as against your unfortunate experience.

trust me there are far worse agents out there from personal experience, but I won't name them.

wish you all the best with migration from an ex Nottingham poster. (Keyworth)

Hello jac.

Now I'm not happy.

Your email arrived in our Marina Towner's inbox yesterday morning. It did not arrive when you like to think it arrived. There is no apology to be issued by us. There is no mistake necessitating an apology.

Marina sent an email to me yesterday morning surprised to receive your email - she is aware of your dissatisfaction. She had not spotted that the date stamp on the email is 17 July.

Let me be clear: you are on dicey ground accusing us of bad faith.

Your tone has been accusing throughout, is completely unacceptable, and to make unfounded and unproven accusations about a business on a public forum is on the verge of being actionable. A forum such as this is not an arena for incorrect comments about a commercial enterprise, whether or not you consider you are entitled to express an "opinion."

There is no carte blanche here - forums are not a free for all where anyone can give an adverse "opinion" about a business without consequence where the opinion is based on an incorrect premise.

Nevertheless, I am going to let this matter pass on the basis that this is the last you and I shall comment on the matter on a public forum. I invite you to do the same.

Regards.

Guest The Pom Queen

This thread isn't getting us anywhere and I apologise to the OP that your thread has been taken over. I am now going to close this thread