tra skills application

Matt Birley

Probably supply a little more information. What is your skill?

You will most likely need to take IELTS (International English Language Testing System) to prove your ability. You'll also need to decide which assessing authority you're going to have to use (depending on carer of course)

can any please help me get my head around the TRA website. i need a skills assessment for a 190 visa but i keep going round in circles

can i apply on line?

which one do i need to apply for?

how long does it take?

chur

i dont envy envy you matt - TRA want to know EVERYTHING!!!! What's your trade??

hi guys thanks for your quick reply.

iam a head chef with 15 years experience, i also have a diploma in GNVQ in catering and hospitality management plus other qualifications

skills tests are now mandatory so i have to do it anyway

i dont need to do an IELTS test coz i should have enough points

its just the TRA and the website is so misleading

thinking about just paying someone to do my application

From my experience, TRA is a minefield. We needed to prove my partners last 15 years of experience in his trade, backed up with payslips (first and last for each employer), p60s, technical references from each employer over his entire working history - those companies that are no longer trading had to be proved by contacting companies house and obtaining a certificate. we even had to prove that an ex employer had died by writing a statutory declaration and have it witnessed by a solicitor. My advice would be, if you can afford it, then pay an agent to do it for you. They will make sure everything is in order before submitting you application... Good luck :)

i think i will but thanks for your advise. the visa it self should not be a problem fingers crossed its just because the TRA is now mandatory

ill gather as much info as i can for the agent to save time

again thank you ill let u no how i get on are you in oz now?

It's should be easier for you as you have a diploma etc. my hubby only had on the job experience which was why we needed to give so much evidence. Hopefully it won't be so painful for you!

We are still here in the uk - in Bedfordshire - we lodged our visa application mid April - we are now on week 13 waiting for our grant. Hoping to be out in south australia before the end of the summer.

where abouts are you off to??

I agree the website is extremely confusing. If you're from the UK or Ireland you no longer apply through TRA for that occupation, you apply through a TRA-approved RTO (Vetassess for example). Look at the 'Offshore Skills Assessment Program' for info.

• 2 weeks later...
hi guys thanks for your quick reply.

iam a head chef with 15 years experience, i also have a diploma in GNVQ in catering and hospitality management plus other qualifications

skills tests are now mandatory so i have to do it anyway

i dont need to do an IELTS test coz i should have enough points

its just the TRA and the website is so misleading

thinking about just paying someone to do my application

Hi Matt, I've got my TRA skills assessment for a chef too. Mine came through in February.

In terms of what you need, I needed all my pay slips an p60's of the last 5 years. You need references from all your places if work, these are quite in depth, requiring you to list all the jobs you do regularly. You need all the paperwork you have from college. Certificates and reports. It's a difficult process but if you need help just let me know!

Feel free to message me and I'll send you some of my copies of what I sent.

Good luck

Joe

• 6 months later...
Hi Matt, I've got my TRA skills assessment for a chef too. Mine came through in February.

In terms of what you need, I needed all my pay slips an p60's of the last 5 years. You need references from all your places if work, these are quite in depth, requiring you to list all the jobs you do regularly. You need all the paperwork you have from college. Certificates and reports. It's a difficult process but if you need help just let me know!

Feel free to message me and I'll send you some of my copies of what I sent.

Good luck

Joe

Hi Joe - I hope you're out in Australia now but that you're still using this site.

My partner and I are currently in the middle of getting all the paperwork together for his TRA skills assessment as a chef. It would be such a relief to see some of the paperwork other people had sent in (especially those who were successful!)

Mainly concerned about the letters from employers and Part 8 (work description in own words)

Hope to hear from you,

Alice

Archived