Office workers - what do you get paid?

I know this isn't something that people like to openly discuss but I am really interested in hearing what people in office based roles earn and what state you are based in please??

I have spent so much time researching jobs online only to find most of them don't list the salary and without having a rough idea of what I potentially could be earning it's hard to plan anything else...

A tip someone told me, though seek doesn't display the salary it is there hiden and if you use the salary range part of the search you can narrow down the search until the job disappears and you can work out the approx salary. General Admin type people at my place earn between 50-60,000 a year

I personally work in a school within the marketing department but I have also worked in general office type jobs in a number of different industries and generally have have been paid about the same sort of salary. Based on your average admin job in the UK (not at a mangerial leval) salaries range from say £13,000 - 18,000 and so I'm curious what the equivilent is in Australia?

The minimum wage here is about $17 per hour. Most people working in an office would not be paid less than the low $20s. Obviously it varies by industry and experience, but you certainly would be paid more than in the UK.

$22 per hour comes out at about $43,000 full time plus 9.25% superannuation in the retirement fund.

It certainly equates to more than I am earning in the UK now and if about $22 per hour isabout average for a standard sort of office job then I am hoping I'll be earning even more than that - I know the cost of living is higher but do you find that your better offer compared to in the UK?

The minimum wage here is about $17 per hour. Most people working in an office would not be paid less than the low $20s. Obviously it varies by industry and experience, but you certainly would be paid more than in the UK.

$22 per hour comes out at about $43,000 full time plus 9.25% superannuation in the retirement fund.

9.5% since 1st July! :wink:

I do two different office based jobs - one at $30 and hour and the other at just over $26 an hour. My 19 year old daughter was working at an Entertainment venue, serving drinks and food at various hospitality events, and was paid I think $26.75 an hour or thereabouts. In SA - and I assume most states, there are fixed award rates for various jobs - if you search Fairwork and the State you are looking at and Award Rates you should be able to get to them eventually. Casual work (no fixed hours, no paid sick or holidays etc) has a premium loading, and there are various reductions if you are less than 21 years old (unless, like my daughter, you are expected to serve alcohol in which case you get paid the adult rate regardless)

Archived