Shipping Personal Effects from UK - Cleaning etc - HELP

Haze9229

Hi everyone,

Our Movecube is due to arrive next Monday (14th) and I'm frantically planning/packing/cleaning everything by myself as the OH is now in Germany on training for his new job in Oz!!

Although I've read up on scrubbing shoes clean etc, I'm looking for some advice from some experienced Poms. I'm mainly stressing myself out about cleaning things that are going into the Movecube to avoid problems (and extra costs) with customs when everything arrives.

It's things like our washing machine, vacuum cleaner and kitchen goods (pots/pans/small electrical appliances) I'd appreciate some advice as if anything is likely to cause a problem I'd rather just leave it and buy new when I get there.

Any advice offered would be much appreciated!!

Hazel x

You shouldnt have any issues with your washer, just clean the filter to be sure.

The vacuum may attract attention as they don't like dust etc ,if bagless, maybe try and wash the drum out, if Bagged, remove the one in and just buy some new bags to bring with you, also clean the wheels/ roller etc. If you like Dyson's ,buy one there and bring it with you as they are expensive over here,lol.

You shouldnt have a problem with pots, pans etc if they are clean.

Cal x

I have also scrubbed and cleaned, all shoes have been scrubbed and rinsed in Jeyes fluid, I read somewhere that customs like the small of this,I have rinsed anything that has been outdoors in it too,Washing machine, tumble dryer etc have been wiped with Zaflora, basically a good strong smelling disinfectant, I just washed pans crockery as normal.

Our belongings are going into storage until we hear from CO as to whether our visa gets granted.