First Home Owners Grant

Mike@Bonbeach

Hi to all potential homebuyers in Oz.

:jiggy::jiggy:

Yes it does really happen. Today we had confirmation that we have been granted the FHOG of AU$7000 to offset against the stamp duty on our new house, we also were granted the AU$5000 bonus for buying a new house. (It would have been a AU$3000 bonus if it had been an old house).

It was just a matter of filling in a form which our conveyancer submitted. No fuss no hassle. It certainly helped with the high stamp duty here in Victoria. Tip... I have heard some solicitors/conveyancers say it's not available to immigrants....don't believe them.

Mike.

Its not available to people on temporary visa's but you can apply for it once you go permanent. In Qld the rules are different and you can only get the FHOG if you have never owned a house anywhere in the world - god knows how they check this out though!!!!!

I work for a mortgage brokers so its a question I get asked quite alot

Sarah

Guest mansfiea
Its not available to people on temporary visa's but you can apply for it once you go permanent. In Qld the rules are different and you can only get the FHOG if you have never owned a house anywhere in the world - god knows how they check this out though!!!!!

I work for a mortgage brokers so its a question I get asked quite alot

Sarah

Hi sarah, Im in Qld and we got the grant, and we had owned a house in the UK. Everybody that I have met in qld ( PR migrants ) have recieved this also.

Ang

Hi sarah, Im in Qld and we got the grant, and we had owned a house in the UK. Everybody that I have met in qld ( PR migrants ) have recieved this also.

Ang

Brilliant that's great news as my friends are coming over to live in Qld so they'll be thrilled as the FHOG website says you don't receive it if you own a house anywhere in the world...strange rule if you ask me... guess they don't apply it

Archived