What am i doing wrong!!!

Hi everybody.

I moved to Darwin 2 weeks ago and since then i have been applying for every job i could find. However, I haven't got any calls for an interview. Not one. I don't know if I am doing something wrong here. I have got a forklift license as well a few days back hoping that it would increase my chances of employment.

I know its been only 2 weeks, but still, at least the hope of getting a job would lift my spirits.

Citation

Well, it is early days yet. And Darwin isn't known for being super quick on such things. What you might try is to visit some factories in person. Aussies quite like to see someone in person to get a feel for them. If you can, find out what time they start and try to catch them first thing. Be waiting outside if possible. Then at least they know you can get out of bed on time.

Yep two weeks is not long at all. Might take a couple of weeks to get all the applicants in, another week to look through them, phone calls to the ones for interview. Don't expect many letters to say you were unsuccessful but doesn't hurt to follow up with a phone call after a few days, lets them know you are keen.

there are hundreds of building sites in Australia, go to your local sites and ask if they need a driver, im sure they will atleast need a labourer! sign up with a labour hire agency! there is plenty work in Australia, its just a case of being confident and asking people, personally i think the internet is a waste of time for applying for construction jobs!!

Archived