Those long Summer Evenings

Guest Bora

Guest Bora

Tidying up my courtyard and locking the house up before I went to bed last night, I became aware of how light it was still at 10:40pm down in the SW. A perfect still and warm evening, absolute solitude. To savour, before those pesky nights are longer than the days :twitcy:

Summer Evening Sky.jpg

Summer Evening Sky.jpg

Guest Guest66881

I'm on the wine it's pitch black here and i can see my reflection in the window, god i'm gorgeous :wink:

I'm on the wine it's pitch black here and i can see my reflection in the window, god i'm gorgeous :wink:

Of course the reflection is from the inside.................coz its blxxxdy freezin. :err:

Hi, can you give me an idea of when it gets light/dark in the spring/summer/winter and autumn in Perth so I can get a general idea od how many light nights we will lose when we move to Perth please.

Guest Guest66881

Same as blighty only hotter here in summer and generally colder one month or so of the winter no snow so thats a bonus ha ha

Hi, can you give me an idea of when it gets light/dark in the spring/summer/winter and autumn in Perth so I can get a general idea od how many light nights we will lose when we move to Perth please.

I judge it by dog walking times:wink:

in winter if I'm not home by 5.30 then I'm walking dogs in the dark.

spring/summer I can still head to the beach at 7pm and have light until until just after 8pm.

you don't get late light nights here, but houses and outdoor spaces are normally set up for that.

i used to live in north Scotland, where it Didnt get dark until 11pm on summer nights.

the earlier dark nights in Perth are not a problem. People just use artificial light.

Guest Outoftheblue

I wasn't sure I'd really miss anything if we moved back to Oz but I do like light evenings, always nice to take the 4 legs out at 9pm for an hour or so til it gets dark. It never seemed to be light past about 8-8:30 there.

I do love the long summer evenings (and so does DH!) I was knitting in the car the other day coming down from Yorkshire and I finally packed it in at 5 to 10 though I could have gone on until we reached home at 10! Fabulous!

Archived