Building out first home in oz!

sharpie

Hi all we have a question!

We are building out first home in oz and are looking forward to it however the lack of communication from our mortgage broker and settlement agent is shocking!

We like in the territory and are building our first home in yanchep!

The settlement was supposed to go through on Friday but because no one told us how much money we had to have in the new bank account for the settlement to go through( we have asked every day this week and no one gave us a straight answer) we put in what our mortgage broker said 5% of the land! Did that and thought great nothing else to do until the house starts

To go through! How wrong were we! We get a sarcastic phone call saying we should have more than 3/4 the deposit we are putting down against the house in the account so it has to go through! That was 1 o'clock nt time and had to transfer a huge amount of cash to another account! Is this normal that Beatle all our deposit goes straight off for us to only pay the last part at the end?

What happened to everyone else?

Hi all we have a question!

We are building out first home in oz and are looking forward to it however the lack of communication from our mortgage broker and settlement agent is shocking!

We like in the territory and are building our first home in yanchep!

The settlement was supposed to go through on Friday but because no one told us how much money we had to have in the new bank account for the settlement to go through( we have asked every day this week and no one gave us a straight answer) we put in what our mortgage broker said 5% of the land! Did that and thought great nothing else to do until the house starts

To go through! How wrong were we! We get a sarcastic phone call saying we should have more than 3/4 the deposit we are putting down against the house in the account so it has to go through! That was 1 o'clock nt time and had to transfer a huge amount of cash to another account! Is this normal that Beatle all our deposit goes straight off for us to only pay the last part at the end?

What happened to everyone else?

I had a fantastic mortgage broker who informed me all the way through. Settlement was easy as the two knew each other and had a great working relationship.

I only needed the deposit initially, but then the payment for the land was paid in full by the lender and progress payments will be paid as the house is built.

I would highly recommend my broker and my settlement agent to anyone. My advice is to shop around for a broker as they are not all the same.

I had a fantastic mortgage broker who informed me all the way through. Settlement was easy as the two knew each other and had a great working relationship.

I only needed the deposit initially, but then the payment for the land was paid in full by the lender and progress payments will be paid as the house is built.

I would highly recommend my broker and my settlement agent to anyone. My advice is to shop around for a broker as they are not all the same.

Same for me. My broker even had the forms all filled out for me so all we had to do was sign each time a progress payment needed to be paid.

Archived