Permanent Residency

linshorton

Hi, We have been in Melbourne for just over 2 years. We would like to stay here (from UK). My husband is still in the job he came over to do (on 457 visa) and I landed a good job as well. We want to stay and we realise time is running out.

Can someone recommend a reliable solicitor/lawyer in Melbourne that can advise us please?

Does anyone know the general cost and how long it might take? We have a son here as well and hope we can include him as well as he is on our visa.

We really like it here so don't want to return in the near future or ever.

Would be very grateful for advice,

Lins

Hi Lins,

We are in a similar position - 457 and want to stay! We are currently pursuing a Skillselect 189 Skilled Migrant visa but the other option is the ENS (Employer Nomination Scheme) should your husband's employer be willing to sponsor. Both are PR visa options.

If you google 'Australia Immigration' there is a visa wizard through the immi.gov.au website that will give you a good idea what PR routes are available.

I am sure other PIO Members will be along to offer you better advice.

Good luck :wink:

If your DH's employer is willing to sponsor then the ENS (186) is a good option. Over 2 years and you can do the transition stream which means he doesn't need a skills assessment. We have applied for that one and it's been 13 weeks processing so far but hopefully not much longer. It was something around $7000 for a family of 4 so would be a little less for you.

All the information is on the Immigration website if you want to get details about prices etc.

I would think it would be a migration agent that you would need, not a solicitor or lawyer. I have had dealings with Go Matilda who have always been very good and honest so would definitely recommend them from everything I have experienced.

Archived