2nd visa granted but found out conviction

ozmaniac91

Except a registered migration agent.

I am not talking about you at all, but I know your statement isn't true for others. Our "registered migration agent" has known very little, made numerous mistakes and given us lots of wrong advice. People on this forum have known far more.

I hasten to add that we didn't choose her, she was employed by DH's company

"He took an illegal substance, he did not hurt anybody except himself. Yes, it was stupid, but of course it was a mistake, What else can it be classed as?"

How about illegal?

He says in his opening post "took some xtc pills with me because we want to party hard 1 time before i leave". So basically he was drug dealing?

"If we don't make mistakes, we can't begin to learn from them."

Bit more than a "mistake" I think? He knew what he was doing. Yes, now he regrets it but only because he can't come here not because he has done wrong.

Can we stop all the judgemental posts please! The op knows he did wrong. He has come to the migration section for MIGRATION advice, not life advice.

Any more after this point will be removed and infractions issued.

Migration advice: People with a criminal record (and in particular a recent criminal record) and who have failed to disclose it will get their visa revoked when found out.

I think it's reasonable to assume that DIBP would by now have identified the OP from the details in the first post and would therefore know about the conviction. Pretending ignorance is no longer an option.

I think this is likely to cause DIBP problems in that second WHVs tend to be a pathway towards more permanent migration options and Australia already has enough problems with its own nationals who go overseas to "party hard". Therefore, I think that unless the OP wants to abandon all current and future plans to come to Australia, he would be well advised to pay for the services of a migration agent - and do so in the very near future.

The OP would also be well advised to avoid a situation where he might be refused entry into Australia on arrival. That is very expensive (the airline would charge a one way walk up fare for the return flight) and the OP would have a denied entry stamp in his passport making future travel to other countries awkward.

They don't actually stamp your passport when you get the three year ban. All electronic now a days apparently.

Do they no longer put an entry stamp and draw a cross through it for a denied entry? I thought that was a universal sign for other countries.

Do they no longer put an entry stamp and draw a cross through it for a denied entry? I thought that was a universal sign for other countries.

That I'm not sure on, but I know the 3 year ban they put nothing. They told my husband when he was banned that it would show up for other countries though, electronically. The exit stamp looked totally normal too.

Archived