Places of interest in Perth

HappyHeart

Ok..need some inspiration...been to lots of lovely places but want to go somewhere this weekend not been to before...kid friendly..will have at least one with us...outdoors..to make the most of the dry sunny winter weather....any ideas? Don't mind a drive of up to 1.5 hours...walk trails/play equipment/bbq facilities..all go down well...ideas people?? May help newbies to get a good list of places going...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's probably not worth travelling that far for but this is a nice spot - Woodman Point Region Park - it was cycling distance for us so we were frequent visitors.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Guide-g285726-i8042-Fremantle_Greater_Perth_Western_Australia.html

Point Walter was another favourite spot

http://www.acoffeeinthepark.com/point-walter

ahh...used to live local to these. Excellent places. Spent many a happy a day here.

not done it yet Fi, but its on my to do list.

The bells rapid walk in the hills, looks ace

Guest Guest 47403

That's exactly where I was going to suggest, @bottler1942 put some pics up a while back of it and I loved it, we are saving this place until September when they start the canoe hire again though.

We have our first totally free weekend since arriving so looking for something to do as well.

That's exactly where I was going to suggest, @bottler1942 put some pics up a while back of it and I loved it, we are saving this place until September when they start the canoe hire again though.

We have our first totally free weekend since arriving so looking for something to do as well.

Hey Baz, off topic but I didn't realise you were now in Australia & I didn't realise you were going to Perth (you just didn't listen to me did you!! :biglaugh:)

I hope it all all works out well for you and your family.

If you want to venture North Baz Yanchep national park is worthwhile...also Whiteman Park..its like our back yard though there all the time...Lake Monger reserve is very pretty in Winter...South Perth is a fave of ours too...drive to Perth, catch the ferry over the Swan to South Perth, walk up to Dome have lunch, nice playpark for littlies while you watch the water..then ferry back and home...a good cheapo day out...

Get yourself off to the local tourist information place Baz. So much to do. It's not this weekend but maybe the one after, in the school hols. A big fair, near the city. Pay $25 or so and the kids can go on as many rides as they want.

If the weather is ok-ish then head to point Walter, beautiful, stunning place...and will give you a good heads up on what to look forward to in summer.

Get yourself off to the local tourist information place Baz. So much to do. It's not this weekend but maybe the one after, in the school hols. A big fair, near the city. Pay $25 or so and the kids can go on as many rides as they want.

If the weather is ok-ish then head to point Walter, beautiful, stunning place...and will give you a good heads up on what to look forward to in summer.

Spoilt for choice are we not?

Guest Guest 47403
If you want to venture North Baz Yanchep national park is worthwhile...also Whiteman Park..its like our back yard though there all the time...Lake Monger reserve is very pretty in Winter...South Perth is a fave of ours too...drive to Perth, catch the ferry over the Swan to South Perth, walk up to Dome have lunch, nice playpark for littlies while you watch the water..then ferry back and home...a good cheapo day out...

I can't wait for the warm weather as I really want to do Yanchep lagoon (hence the avatar) will have a google at what the park has to offer, all 3 kids are fasinated by the ocean so a boat trip maybe, are the dolphins around this time of year? Like the sound of driving to Perth and catching the ferry to South Perth (@Lindor isn't that your turf?) just needs to keep an 8, 5 and 3 yr old occupied.

Archived