Visa 189 Refused

rickrick

Hi guys,

My Visa 189 got refused today, and the reason was I didn't meet the 60 point mark.

I recalculated my points and indeed I have 60 points.

But here's the problem, at the time of the invitation I only have 55 points due to my age being less than 25.

At time of invitation ( 10 March 2014 ) I was only 24 years of age, my birthday falls in April 2014 which make's me 25 years of age ( Yes I neglected as I thought the year would be enough to justify my age ).

So my question is :

- If I submit my application to the MRT ( Migration review tribunal ), will I have any chance of getting my visa granted ?

( I have recently reached the 1 year mark of working in my profession )

( My sister is a PR and she could sponsor me )

Am I able to argue my case here with the extra information stated ?

- I admit it was an honest mistake for not paying enough attention, would have delayed my visa application if I knew.

- Should I resubmit my application? this would mean I will need to pay $3500 again.

Thank you guys.

Regards,

Rick

You will lose at the mrt as you have to have met the requirements and you didn't.

You will need to apply again and pay the fee again.

Thanks for the reply blossom79.

Can they just refuse my application even without telling me I did not have enough points ?

So I have do resubmit all the documents again and pay them ?

Or they could pull my records and I would just need to pay the fee ?

Thank you.

Guest guest30085

You say you thought the year would be enough to justify your age? You didn't put in the wrong DOB did you? As if it was the correct DOB, then you wouldn't have received the invitation to apply as you would have been on 55 points. Are you sure the visa wasn't refused for another reason? Maybe over declared work experience or qualification level by mistake?

Hi guys,

My Visa 189 got refused today, and the reason was I didn't meet the 60 point mark.

I recalculated my points and indeed I have 60 points.

But here's the problem, at the time of the invitation I only have 55 points due to my age being less than 25.

At time of invitation ( 10 March 2014 ) I was only 24 years of age, my birthday falls in April 2014 which make's me 25 years of age ( Yes I neglected as I thought the year would be enough to justify my age ).

So my question is :

- If I submit my application to the MRT ( Migration review tribunal ), will I have any chance of getting my visa granted ?

( I have recently reached the 1 year mark of working in my profession )

( My sister is a PR and she could sponsor me )

Am I able to argue my case here with the extra information stated ?

- I admit it was an honest mistake for not paying enough attention, would have delayed my visa application if I knew.

- Should I resubmit my application? this would mean I will need to pay $3500 again.

Thank you guys.

Regards,

Rick

Take professional advice from a registered migration agent and be 100% sure of the reasons for refusal before you commit to a course of action.

Hi guys,

When I submit my EOI I have 60 points because I selected living in regional area.

But my postcode was not in the list so another 5 points was omitted from my score.

Costly mistake, have resubmitted my EOI again with everything checked.

Thank you guys for the advice.

Hi guys,

When I submit my EOI I have 60 points because I selected living in regional area.

But my postcode was not in the list so another 5 points was omitted from my score.

Costly mistake, have resubmitted my EOI again with everything checked.

Thank you guys for the advice.

Theres no such thing as getting an extra 5 points for living in a regional area. Get professional advice before wasting another $3,520

Theres no such thing as getting an extra 5 points for living in a regional area. Get professional advice before wasting another $3,520

postcode1.jpg

This is not valid either ? I don't need the points by the way.

I have resubmitted my EOI again, I will submit the needed documents ( upon invitation ) and leave 2 documents out so I could double check with my case office before they finalize my application ( yes this would delay my application I understand ).

I have double checked on the validity of my documents ( this is the only area I could mess up again ).

Currently I am sitting on 65 points, due to being over 25 and have worked 1 year in my profession.

You guys have provided me with a lot of good information here, I thank you guys again.

postcode1.jpg

So you studied in a regional area. Maybe you should have mentioned that first.....

Leaving out 2 documents because you want to double check with your case officer before they finalise your application?....Really? My last comment on this: I STRONGLY advise getting professional advice before the time of invitation.

Good luck with your application.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25055[/ATTACH]

This is not valid either ? I don't need the points by the way.

I have resubmitted my EOI again, I will submit the needed documents ( upon invitation ) and leave 2 documents out so I could double check with my case office before they finalize my application ( yes this would delay my application I understand ).

I have double checked on the validity of my documents ( this is the only area I could mess up again ).

Currently I am sitting on 65 points, due to being over 25 and have worked 1 year in my profession.

You guys have provided me with a lot of good information here, I thank you guys again.

Well this is another car crash waiting to happen. If you have plenty of time and money to waste then carrying on with what your doing......

However, if you decide that you would like to see a visa grant letter this time instead of another refusal perhaps now (being sarcastic) is the time to get in touch with an expert such as Adam or wrussell

Archived