820 partner visa-Has anyone been granted from lodged this year?

I know I ask this question a lot but each time a new thread, new people reply! :)

so has anyone lodged their 820 partner visa (1st stage) since January and been granted already?

If so what were the circumstances.. Eg children, marriage?

I lodged mine in April an yes I know it can take a good year, I'm just so impatient I like to know peoples stories :)

TIA

• 2 weeks later...

I lodged mine 1st May and the bridging visa started on 1st June. We still haven't got a case officer but in nsw it can take up to 15 months to be granted.

Kind of annoying since I will have to do police check and medical checks again but hopefully it grants before then!

Aww still waiting Keano? :( Have you been given a case officer yet? I know it says 12-15months at the moment, but i can't understand why the wait is so long! a few people i have heard of got 6months wait, im praying for it!!

Nice to just hear something from them, seen as they take the money quick enough!

Guest Guest226914
Aww still waiting Keano? :( Have you been given a case officer yet? I know it says 12-15months at the moment, but i can't understand why the wait is so long! a few people i have heard of got 6months wait, im praying for it!!

Nice to just hear something from them, seen as they take the money quick enough!

I didn't hear a word until 13 months had passed. Very frustrating when it costs so much!

ya still waiting, but look i am working, making money and happy and healthy. Just live ours lives until it is granted, but can be annoying thinking about it over and over. Hopefully they will grant it soon. I do not want to be waiting 13 months.

Applied on 17/Jan/2014

bridging visa granted on 22/Jan/2014

waiting until today.

got an email this afternoon from immigration regarding sending outstanding info blah blah (got informed co will be assigned soon)

registered defacto relationship last year April, no marriage, no kids.

I know co has not been assigned but it seems fast enough compare to others. Only took me 6 months so far.

hi i'm new on here but i lodged mine on 17/11/2013, bridging visa took effect on the 20/11/2013, went for my medical on the 22/04/2014 and got my temporary visa through on the 3/05/2014 i'm now expecting a 2 year wait for my permanent visa to come through, mine was just for me no children so i think that made it a lot easier, my husband is already a permanent resident.

hi i'm new on here but i lodged mine on 17/11/2013, bridging visa took effect on the 20/11/2013, went for my medical on the 22/04/2014 and got my temporary visa through on the 3/05/2014 i'm now expecting a 2 year wait for my permanent visa to come through, mine was just for me no children so i think that made it a lot easier, my husband is already a permanent resident.

Your two-year wait to be eligible for your permanent visa actually starts from the date your temporary visa was lodged, so you'll be eligible for PR on 17/11/2015. :)

Your two-year wait to be eligible for your permanent visa actually starts from the date your temporary visa was lodged, so you'll be eligible for PR on 17/11/2015. :)

really? that's brilliant, i just assumed it was from when they issued the temporary visa, i have just over a year to wait then, thanks for that :-D

Yep. :) Just so you know it's true, Immi's website says it many places. One place is here, under "Your Permanent Partner Visa," where it says:

• About two years after you lodged your application for this visa [referring to the 820], you will be assessed for a permanent Partner visa (subclass 801).

Emphasis and bracketed comment mine. Glad I could give you some good news. ;)

Archived