Help with areas on Sunshine Coast

Sixinthebed

Hi my family and I are considering a move from Adelaide to the Sunshine Coast and just starting to look into areas. I would like to be 1-2 hrs from Brisbane and live somewhere that has a small town country feel. I really would like to have a house on an elevated block with mountain views. I like the look of Buderim so any thoughts on there would be good. We are planning on a trip over in the next couple of months but would have liked to know a few areas that offer what I'm looking for before we come. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Jo :wubclub:

We love the Sunshine Coast and could easily settle there. Second favourite after Perth. We've had a couple of holidays there when we've travelled a bit. Stayed in Caloundra once for a couple of weeks and while it's not the most popular place on the coast we had a really good time there and loved the "feel" of the place.

we live in buderim, yes most things here to keep everyone happy, view, cafe cult.ure, beach 5 mins down the road - mooloolaba/alex headland/cotton tree, great shopping sunshine plaza/kawana, or go 10 mins in to hinterland palmwoods/maleny/monteville, further up the road is noosa, or Coolum, yes great - no matter what your looking for. HOWEVER - the commute to brizzy, umm thats going to be a bind, and if there is an accident, then its comparision is like the M25 or M6 at rush hour. and the evening before a bank holiday.......so to be honest, if your working in or around sunny coast, great, but brizzy......think the minimum your be is Caloundra, if not Landsborough or Beerwah. Your could always think about deception bay.

Hi thanks for the replies. My husband is FIFO so only needs access to airport every few weeks so travel times to Brisbane aren't an issue thankfully. Can't wait to get over and check out some places although the flight over in my own with four kids isn't that appealing!! Hope it's everything I imagine it to be :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived