Change of passport: updating visa details

Loopylou13

Can anyone help I got new passports for the kids sent the new details to immigration on 30th may and on checking the vevo website their visas are still attached to their old passports :(

Does anyone know how long it takes to change them over?? We leave for the uk this week and I am mindful it will be a hassle in the airport should their visas not be attached to their new passport

Anyone experienced this??

You might be better off to phone immigration.

Also, you should make a thread in the migration section as this section of the forum won't show up on the landing page (home page). I will alert a mod to it and ask for it to be moved and hopefully when one is on, they will move it or delete it if in the meantime you re post a new thread in migration xx

ETA: Could @calNgary, @Petals or @blossom79 please move? Thanks xx

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
benj1980 you can create an Immi-Account by simply going on the immigration webpage www.bordergov.au and create an account in your name. Then you can change the passport details. I'm not sure if you have to attach an scan of your new passport as I've never done this myself but remember here are other threads regarding this topic.

Exactly as silencio says, you need complete an online form within your immiaccount and then upload a scan and that's it.

I had to change passport details for my wife and it was done in 3 minutes.

You can create your own account to do it yourself, but would probably be wise to just let the agent do it.

Hi CaptainC

Do you simply add the new form to your visa grant page or is there a particular section of your IMMI account that you need to go into for a new passport ?

I need to re-new my daughters passport ahead of travelling to Oz in a couple of months.... just trying to do this following the visa grant...

thanks

Hello.

Ive just done this. You need to log into your immi account. If you don't have one it takes minutes to set up. Our visas were done through an agent who would have charged us $500 to do this for us!!! But it's so simple to do yourself. You will need to have your visa grant number to add to your account. Once this is done there is a section on the right hand side that says change passport details. Click on this then change the bits you need to and submit it. If it's just a renewal then only the passport number and dates will need changing.

Once I had done mine I then called Australia house in London to confirm they had received it and the visas had been moved onto the new passports. Which they did. The immi account has all details of your visa on it and is what they see in front of them.

You can print off a screen shot of the immy account if you want to prove you've made the changes in case your worried.

hope this has helped :-)

Hello.

Ive just done this. You need to log into your immi account. If you don't have one it takes minutes to set up. Our visas were done through an agent who would have charged us $500 to do this for us!!! But it's so simple to do yourself. You will need to have your visa grant number to add to your account. Once this is done there is a section on the right hand side that says change passport details. Click on this then change the bits you need to and submit it. If it's just a renewal then only the passport number and dates will need changing.

Once I had done mine I then called Australia house in London to confirm they had received it and the visas had been moved onto the new passports. Which they did. The immi account has all details of your visa on it and is what they see in front of them.

You can print off a screen shot of the immy account if you want to prove you've made the changes in case your worried.

hope this has helped :-)

Great - thanks Harri

Archived