Need Advise for Visa Class

mrtension

Hi Everyone

i just need your advise regarding visa application for my brother

Yesterday he received ACS assessment report, and he got positive result with 3 years and months experience

tomorrow he is appearing for IELTS,and he can only get 6 bands not 7.

I am Australian citizena and i live in Melbourne

Can anyone advise us which visa he can get easily

we are not very keen on PR ( TR visa will do the job)

Please advise

Thanks & Regards

Hi Mr T,

What are his intentions...Work? Travel? Holiday? Bit of everything? Short term? Long term? What's his occupation? His age? His nationality? Lots of factors, lots of options, lots of things to consider. The more info you give the more someone will be able to help you.

Hi Adam

thanks a lot for your reply

intentions are PR

261313 occupation

32 age

indian

experience 3years accessed by ACS

my self his brother lives in Melbourne ready to sponser

please advise

ielts 6 bands

Thanks

There is still not enough information to offer a considered professional opinion.

I agree, but there's enough to start narrowing things down.

Mr T - I'm going to assume he was assessed by ACS as having a bachelor degree, otherwise it's unlikely his ACS assessment would have resulted in 3 years experience. So if he does have a bachelors degree, going by the above info he currently has 50 points in the skilled migration points test. The minimum benchmark total needed is 60 points as I'm sure you know.

As his occupation is on the SOL and you as his brother are an eligible family member living in a designated area of Australia, then the sc489 visa could be a possibility and would grant the extra 10 points required. The issue with the sc489 is that the invitation places are extremely limited (around 15 a month I believe for family sponsored) and it's not a PR visa. It merely allows the holder to remain in Australia for up to 4 years, and after living in a designated area for at least 2 years (and working for a least 12 months of those 2 years) they could be eligible to then apply for PR through the sc887 visa.

I understand that he's taken the IELTS and only achieved band 6, but of course it would be preferable if he could score 7 in all bands to gain the needed 10 points that way and apply through sc189/190 instead. The benefit of re-attempting this until the desired score is achieved is something that has to be considered against the likelihood of him obtaining the result, and the fact that he is 32 and will lose 5 points when he turns 33 (it's not clear when this will be from your post). Age should also be considered if you do look at the sc489 visa, because as mentioned above the invitations are limited and can take a long time to be received.

Different English language tests will be introduced from November I believe, but whether these will prove easier is unknown.

I'm assuming again that he has no partner (for possible partner skill points) and that there's no health/character concerns.

As he already holds a positive skills assessment with 3 years experience and has achieved IELTS 6 in all bands, if he were to apply for and receive a job offer in this occupation he could enquire whether they would be willing to nominate through ENS - Direct Entry rather than a 457 visa.

....There's still lots of considerations and options. As WRussell said above, more information is required to give a fully informed assessment. I've had to make a couple of educated assumptions in the above, which if wrong make the whole thing moot! As you can see its difficult to go back and forwards on a forum as questions need to be asked and sensitive details need to be known for a proper assessment, the above will give you a good indication IMO but it's no substitute for a telephone or face-to-face consultation with an RMA which will look at every aspect, and be able to ask those questions in real-time.

All the best,

For a 189/190/489 the benchmark total is 60 points. The higher you score the more likely you will receive a quicker invitation.

You can submit an EOI whenever you want, but for these visas you must have a valid skills assessment and competent English at the time of invitation so no point in doing it until then.

• 1 month later...

Dear Guys,

I have a valid skills & work experience assessment of 5 years. So I am standing at 55 points.

Can you please tell me that Can I claim 05 points for education of my spouse (She holds a 04 year Bachelors degree in computers and 2 years experience).

My plan is to submit EOI with her (if i get her 05 points).