Recommendations for Academic IETLS practice books please.

Jules RT

Hi all,

Please can anyone advise me on what IELTS Academic practice books l can purchase? Have you found any that was particularly beneficial for gaining '8s' in all sections. I passed in listening & speaking, but not so hot in the reading section. I'm going to be doing round 2 on 12/7/14. I have also booked a couple of one to one sessions with a tutor, it's a joke as I'm a native speaker with a degree. But hey ho, we all seem to have to jump through these hoops of we want to fulfil our dreams, as frustrating, time consuming & expensive as it is.

Many thanks in advance.

Jules

Simone Braverman - Ace the IELTS I think its called...google her name and you can pay for the e book online and also a great practice marking service. I used it and felt so much more confident when I arrived for the exam...take a look and see what you think

Good Luck!

p.s dont be scared by it, I heard loads of scary stories before hand which were'nt helpful to be honest.

I bought the official Cambridge Press book: http://www.cambridge.org/gb/cambridgeenglish/catalog/cambridge-english-exams-ielts/official-cambridge-guide-ielts/official-cambridge-guide-ielts-students-book-answers-dvd-rom

.. it comes with a DVD, too. It definitely helped me get the score I wanted; has good practice tests and pointers on what to look out for.

Archived