Any one from Southampton going to Brisbane?

Guest johnosinoz

Guest johnosinoz

Hi

Please bear with us - this is our fist posting although we have been viewing the (fab) site for the best part of a year!!

We are a family of four, in receipt of our visas, hoping to head out to Brisbane or the Gold Coast in October.

We have two rugby mad sons aged 13 and 10 and were wandering if anyone from the Soton area,with similar aged kids are headed in the same direction?

Regards

The Johnos

Hi and

Welcome-18-june.gif

We are going to Melbourne and we have kids age 22 and 18 and neither play rugby:err:

But

We do live near Southampton :yes:

I am sure there will be some helpful peeps around who are going to Brisbane or the Gold Coast with Rugby mad boys around thier age.

Good luck with the rest of your move:wubclub:

Guest johnosinoz

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

What made you decide on Melbourne??

We have been looking into both areas but have been undecided so have gone for the area where there seems to have the most job opportunities.

Its just such a big country!!!

Regards

Johnos :v_SPIN:

Guest Helaine

hiya we live in basingstoke and are also going to the gold coast area, as far as i can make out the area of runaway bay is best for sports and i'm sure if you ggle it there will be loads of info to find.

good luck

Guest felixmeg

Hi

We're in Southampton, no kids just 3 cats! We're heading for Brisbane/GoldCoast area.

We're off there in 2 weeks to validate our visas and have a good look around, then make a decision to when we'll make the big move. we cjose the area for job opportunities too as DH is an electrician & the area sounds like a building site at the moment.

Hi johnos

We decided on Melbourne because that is where my sister ended up AND after visiting a couple of times we found we liked the city and general feel of the place etc

and we have been to the Gold coast but we found it a wee bit hot for our liking.

Jobs for both us seem to be better in Melbourne but I don't think either of us would have difficulty getting work in Brisbane, I am in childcare and hubby fixes frieght trains, welds, sprays paint and has various health and safety skills.

that's the good thing about Australia, it's a big country lots of room for everyone

Archived