Partner visa - previous partnerships?

Hi,

I'm PR & live in Australia with my girlfriend. We're together since 6+ years & moved to Australia about 2 years ago. Due to some strange & complicated circumstances she's not on my visa & is sponsored by her employer so far. We'd like to change this to get her PR as well.

Working ourselves through the forms for a partner visa we came across a section that says "previous partnerships" and asks for names & contact details of previous partners.

Interpretation 1:

- everyone you've been really really really seriously together with. Like previous marriages or relationships that had children.

Interpretation 2:

- everyone you've been dating since high school. Please provide all contact data, no matter how embarrissing... ;)

I'm leaning towards interpretation 1, but would appreciate further thoughts or input...

Cheers

Jan

Thanks. Will go for everyone I lived with. :)

You would likely be wrong using either of your interpretations.

May I suggest that you undertake considerably more homework, or seek professional advice about the relevant definitions?

You would likely be wrong using either of your interpretations.

You are suggesting that I'm wrong - but instead of providing the 'relevant definitions' you are recommending to pay for a migration agent, which - quite coincidentally - seems to be your source of income.

Look, I asked this question in 3 different forums & received a total of 10+ responses, more than half of them from people who successfully applied for that particular visa. I don't feel that I'm risking a lot if I go for what was recommended by those people.

May I suggest that you undertake considerably more homework, or seek professional advice about the relevant definitions?

Well, first of all, I'm doing my homework right now.

But most importantly, may I suggest that you change your business strategy to not seeding FUD? If you are posting here because you seek clients you might want to provide useful information & quality advice. This will eventually build up a positive reputation and I'm sure that there are people here that are willing to pay for your services.

Your current strategy of not even answering a simple question but implying that there's quality advice out there if I just pay the money seems rather poor to me.

You are suggesting that I'm wrong - but instead of providing the 'relevant definitions' you are recommending to pay for a migration agent, which - quite coincidentally - seems to be your source of income.

Look, I asked this question in 3 different forums & received a total of 10+ responses, more than half of them from people who successfully applied for that particular visa. I don't feel that I'm risking a lot if I go for what was recommended by those people.

Well, first of all, I'm doing my homework right now.

But most importantly, may I suggest that you change your business strategy to not seeding FUD? If you are posting here because you seek clients you might want to provide useful information & quality advice. This will eventually build up a positive reputation and I'm sure that there are people here that are willing to pay for your services.

Your current strategy of not even answering a simple question but implying that there's quality advice out there if I just pay the money seems rather poor to me.

The question might have seemed simple to you, but there is no simple answer.

My preliminary assessments are free.

I did not advise you to pay money

I am not at all interested in assessing the particulars of your previous relationships to advise how they might be characterised and whether they should be declared, or your current relationship to advise whether it might satisfy the applicable criteria.

Have you searched '309 refusals' and the reasons for the refusals on the MRT website?

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Archived