House for Sale

MovingtoTasmania

Well, I thought posting here is as a good a place as any. If anyone is looking for a house in the North-west and is serious, then please PM me for details. 4 beds, OSP for 2 cars, good catchment for schools, including grammar schools, en-suite.......

ETA: In the North West of England, not far from Manchester, an easy commute by train which will cost under £4 in rush hour, less than £2 after 9.30am and that's return. In the catchment area for OFSTED outstanding schools, a girls school, boys school, co-ed grammar and also co-ed Catholic as well as single sex Islamic schools and a Jewish school. There's a CofE school about 4 miles away which it's also in the catchment area for.

20 minutes or so to drive to the Trafford Centre, Lowry Outlet, Salford Quays, Manchester United or alternatively, there are express buses from Manchester City Centre to these places.

About a 20 minute walk to the tram.

I am on the rightmove website but I don't really want all and sundry knowing where I live and also, I wasn't sure if I would be allowed to put on the MBTTUK part so stuck here for safety. I did think about a link but if anyone really wants to buy it or is interested, then a quick PM is only a minute of their time xx

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, just as a few suggestions... In your title, change it to something like "House for sale - North West UK" then people who may be interested in a house over here will be more likely to look at this thread, rather than one saying "House for sale" as that could be anywhere in the World realistically. It also might be worth putting a general location in. Manchester, Blackpool, Wigan.. you get the hint, and maybe a picture or two of the building, garden and inside without disclosing the exact location and whereabouts.

Good luck selling it and with your move to Tasmania.

Hey, just as a few suggestions... In your title, change it to something like "House for sale - North West UK" then people who may be interested in a house over here will be more likely to look at this thread, rather than one saying "House for sale" as that could be anywhere in the World realistically. It also might be worth putting a general location in. Manchester, Blackpool, Wigan.. you get the hint, and maybe a picture or two of the building, garden and inside without disclosing the exact location and whereabouts.

Good luck selling it and with your move to Tasmania.

Yeah, agree with this. The North West is quite a big place, you might as well be putting an advert on here saying "House for sale, somewhere in Melbourne offers invited!!" How about including a link to the website where it's advertised for sale such as on Rightmove? Quoting the selling price also helps.........

Yeah, agree with this. The North West is quite a big place, you might as well be putting an advert on here saying "House for sale, somewhere in Melbourne offers invited!!" How about including a link to the website where it's advertised for sale such as on Rightmove? Quoting the selling price also helps.........

As I posted previously, I don't feel comfortable with all and sundry knowing where I live and I'm pretty sure if anyone was slightly interested they would invest the 2 seconds of their time in sending me a PM and asking about the house and which area etc......

As I posted previously, I don't feel comfortable with all and sundry knowing where I live and I'm pretty sure if anyone was slightly interested they would invest the 2 seconds of their time in sending me a PM and asking about the house and which area etc......

Good luck with that then

As stated by others, north west is massive. How about just the town/city?

You don't need to give away your address.

For instance, I could say I have a lovely 3 bedroom, semi detached house for sale with a garage, awesome neighbours and great extension potential for sale in South East of UK.

That could be anywhere ;)

If I then said Surrey, people would be closer to knowing where, but then still could be anywhere.

If I then said the town, then people can start showing interest.

:)

I just assumed you were selling a house in Tasmania. Your name "Moving to Australia", could be an old one.

I don't like your chances mate. Best of luck though. I hope you can sell outside the Real Estate agent scum, apologies to Real Estate Agents on PiO!!

Well, I thought posting here is as a good a place as any. If anyone is looking for a house in the North-west and is serious, then please PM me for details. 4 beds, OSP for 2 cars, good catchment for schools, including grammar schools, en-suite.......

Problem is that nobody can be 'serious' unless they have a basic idea of price and location. The North West is massive, therein lies your problem with getting any interest on PIO.

I think you're missing the point of this forum.

Poms "in Oz" !!

It's full of people either wanting to move to Oz, or people who have already moved to Oz.

Ok, there's some people that talk about/do move back to the UK, but that's got to be a pretty low number.

IMO, people will look to buy a house by looking through the usual channels such as estate agent's windows, Rightmove, or Zoopla -- not via some text messages from some random stranger on an internet forum (no offence meant!!)

I know and this is the problem. Although as I said in a different thread, terrace houses for £70k are selling but then I suppose it's what people can ignore.

Neither Bolton nor Wigan, as I said near Manchester - 10 mins by train from the city centre. (Not sure how far out Bolton or Wigan are tbh, never been to either places and not sure I'm missing much either!).

Archived