ielts results

furballs21

Hi,

my husband (principle applicant) just got his ielts results today, he scored an average of 8.5 which according to some immigration pages means he should get 20 points, but when we look at the criteria because one of the categories he only got 7 in (9, 9 & 8 in the others) then it gives the impression he would only get 10 points...can anyone clarify as to which score we should be looking at before we put our EOI in?

Also, if he is to gain another 5 points from my profession which is on the sol list do I have to have done the ietls test or is accreditation of my qualifications enough for this?

thanks,

Guest guest30085

To get 20 points you require 8s in each of the four components of the IELTS, as your OH got a 7 in one of the components, he would only get 10 points.

If you want to claim 5 points for your occupation, then you would need a positive skills assessment.

It will be cheaper to re-sit the IELTS and should be achievable looking at his other scores. Ignore the overall IELTS score as it means nothing for migration purposes.

Your OH would have to re-sit and receive the results before putting in your EOI, definitely don't do it before you have obtained all the points you need.

Must Score 8 on each , we've known a British nurse be caught out on this she got overall of 9 in "Academic" which is obviously a harder paper than general, when immigration got her case they deducted her 10 points from superior English to proficient. They could have cancelled visa but did a points discrepancy change

Sadly if he needs the points he will have to re sit

Archived