16 year old returning to UK - any advice on education ?

saunders 5

I am wanting to return to the UK but have a 16 yr old currently in Year 10 in Oz. He will now have missed taking GCSE's in the UK so he's stuck in the middle of two education systems without any qualifications.

Has anyone else been in this situation that could advise me of possible options for him ?

I am wanting to return to the UK but have a 16 yr old currently in Year 10 in Oz. He will now have missed taking GCSE's in the UK so he's stuck in the middle of two education systems without any qualifications.

Has anyone else been in this situation that could advise me of possible options for him ?

I was in same boat , when I was on verge of going back in perth , my sons mrs said he can sit back a year because they stay on at school now in uk until 18 , so he can repeat 10 again in uk . He may not want too because he might think , a yr back , but he doesn't after tell the other kids he's sat a year back .

ring up education department , in uk they should tell you . Or email them .

Edited by Shellybingobingo

Personally i would look at a further education college instead of sending him to a school. Might be worth emailing some to find out what he could access? They usually have courses for kids who havent done well at GCSEs maybe he could do something like that initially?

I was 15 when my parents moved me of course a long long time ago, I went to school in the new country but it was so different, curriculum was so different etc etc, I just left school after a term. I then educated myself through TAFE type courses. My parents then did the same to my brother who is much younger than me and he had to do the same. It was not the most helpful situation and we blame Mum and Dad so be very careful how its handled.