Perth Airport - taxi, shuttle, hotels?

M1cha3la

Hey,

So as I am sure you all know (as i talk about it none stop) is we are coming to Perth in September :jiggy:

I am trying to figure out transport. We are going to hire a car but we land at stupid o'clock so the car hire places are not open (according to online), from what I can find anyway. We are going to have to book in a hotel for that night as our apartment wont check us in at that time.

I don't like the look or price of the hotels near the airport, there is nothing on site anyway, so I am thinking of booking the Ambassador Hotel on Adelaide Terrace as its near our apartment (not walkable though, but close for a cheap taxi i hope) and Perth Airport offers that shuttle bus ($15) each.

Does that sound like a good plan? Has anyone used the shuttle? Part of me wants to book a taxi as I will not be in the mood at stupid o'clock, but I guess a taxi will cost a bomb at stupid o'clock :twitcy:

Next step would be to find car hire in the city centre then, does that cost more than airport hire?

I have looked and am looking on the internet, but as ever my lovely Poms advise would be appreciated :wubclub:

@M1cha3la Fingers crossed that we get out there for September too (ANYONE WANT TO BUY A HOUSE?) and then we can have a meet up and BBQ and generally just get pissed and be ladies behaving badly

Sounds like a good plan to me :yes: :jiggy:

Is that the permanent move for you?

some hire car companies give you a key at the airport through lost property.

When we went to Cairns, we arrived at 4am, so car company hadn't opened yet. So they charged "out-hour" rate (about $20) then told us that we needed to go to lost property and get the key. (it seems an usual method for the company, the guy at lost property knew exactly what happened)

Not sure all companies/airports do the same tho. We used "apex" btw, it was a great rate :)

If you could book out-business hour pick up, it would be an option for you to hire a car.

going back seven years ago but I`m sure we just picked our keys up at a desk , yes it was quiet .........we used the airport car hire service , probs more expensive but it worked .......all cars were to the left as you hit arrivals .........hope it all goes well .......

Thanks VS :wubclub: thats good to know :cute: We land at that time, so guess I need to allow an hour to get cases and through customs. Hertz website says its open to 1:30am, but I imagine we can not be the only people on our flight who need to hire a car, so I am trying not to stress too much. Will drop Hertz an email during the week to see what they say :cute:

Archived