457 visa question

If your contract is finished in November then you are technically unemployed but still have 90 days before you have to leave anyway.

Visa wise the end result is more or less the same anyway, just you wouldn't be getting paid for those last 3 months.

Problem is I never received a contract . He just handed me a letter the other day saying he had posted it to me which is lies . Nothing signed

It reeally makes no difference. Even with a contract signed there is a clause which allows for early termination with X days notice. You have been given several months notice which is more than he needs to give. As others have said...immigration can it force employers to have you..they can hire and fire at will....it's your responsibility now to find another sponsor if not you have to leave he country.

Even if you had a contract, you can be made redundant at any time regardless of the visa. The visa is irrelevant. You could speak to fair work, but given you have been given months of notice I think they will simply say the employer has behaved not only reasonably, but more than reasonably. They could have waited until november and simply said don't come back tomorrow - that is how must do!

You have been given a huge lead to find another sponsor or consider alternate visa options.

Archived