EOI error spotted after getting invite

blak3

So...i got my invite a couple of days go and guess what?

I realised i listed Australia as my country of birth when it is not. eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

I havent overclaimed any points tho. This is the only discrepancy in my application.

Can anyone please advise on this? should i still lodge my visa application, and inform the CO of this typo?

Chances of this getting rejected?

Thanks

I dunno but that sounds like fairly major flaw. Presumably they'd consider your application differently if you're already an Australian citizen than if you're not. If you lodge it unchanged, and it gets rejected (which to be fair, I think it should), you'll lose your Visa application fee.

At the time of invitation the main concerns are that you have a positive skills assessment, have competent English and that the points total you're claiming can later be evidenced at the time of application. I'm not going to take the liability by saying you should lodge your application, but if I was in the same position I wouldn't be too concerned.

As long as your points are correct and can provide evidence to support each of your claims, skills assessment, IELTS etc I can't see there being any problems. However immigration being immigration don't always appear to take the most logical approach.

If you do go ahead and lodge it, it wouldn't do any harm to upload form 1023- notification of incorrect answer(s)

• 4 months later...

Good news! 189 granted! Basically wrote a cover letter to inform the CO of the mistakes, mentioning all the documents i am attaching prove it was a genuine mistake, and thats it. they didnt ask me anything. voila! I contacted DIBP and they told me to withdraw the application at first, but once i informed them my points were not affected, they told me I can go ahead with the application at my own risk :o. Paid off =)

see you soon Straya!

Archived