Another Question - about our AUS/US SON

Aprince

This question is separate from my last.

As i said before im an american on a student visa and Im married to an Australian (we married in oz). we have a 11 month yr old son (born in oz and holds duals us/aus, well technically he doesnt have his usa portion yet because we havent the extra funds to do it at the moment.)

Being that my child is 11 months old and my wife has become disabled is there a cheaper visa option other than the partner visa since they both will dependent upon me to support them financially?

Also, Can i actually apply for some sort of visa waiver to work more than the 20 hrs a week permitted on my student visa due to my circumstance?

Thanks again

No to the 20 hours a week. There is a carer visa, but I believe that is near impossible to get, and I'm not sure if it's much cheaper. Not to mention it is for physically caring for an Aussie, not financially.

Has your wife been to centerlink and double checked if there is any more help she can get?

This question is separate from my last.

As i said before im an american on a student visa and Im married to an Australian (we married in oz). we have a 11 month yr old son (born in oz and holds duals us/aus, well technically he doesnt have his usa portion yet because we havent the extra funds to do it at the moment.)

Being that my child is 11 months old and my wife has become disabled is there a cheaper visa option other than the partner visa since they both will dependent upon me to support them financially?

Also, Can i actually apply for some sort of visa waiver to work more than the 20 hrs a week permitted on my student visa due to my circumstance?

Thanks again

Surely just bite the bullet and apply for the partner visa, it will soon pay for itself. The child is 11 months old, seems to me you could have done this some time ago.

No to the 20 hours a week. There is a carer visa, but I believe that is near impossible to get, and I'm not sure if it's much cheaper. Not to mention it is for physically caring for an Aussie, not financially.

Has your wife been to centerlink and double checked if there is any more help she can get?

yeah applying for the carer is a waste of time. i care physically but like you said its nearly impossible.. it can take 10 years to get it approved. centrelink cant do anything, they admit im her carer but cant do anything for us either since im not a pr.

and quoll no i cant go back to the US for various reasons. one my wife needs help. secondly, my son needs help since my wife needs help. Plus, i cant afford a plane ticket back and if i could i cant afford to set up back in USA now.. Im all in with my wife and child. if i manged to go back to the states, i will be homeless. By the time i make it off the streets and save to get back it may be years. if my wife were more able, i would probably do so.

like i said in the other thread, ill just try and contact an iaaas provider and see what they can do

Archived