Grace removals WA to UK

Taylors4

Hi just thought I would post my experience in the hopes it helps someone.

We had less than a 20ft container, so went groupage. Initially I got 4 or so quotes. They varied massively. I had one guy telling me my stuff filled a 20ft and would need to send the remainder groupage - what a joke, they wanted $8,900. We knew how much of a 20ft we filled as we had only been here 10 months and originally shipped our stuff over with John Mason.

We ended up going with Grace they quoted $6'700. Great service both ends. I was concerned that we were going groupage it would take a lot longer. Our stuff left Mandurah 4 March and got delivered to Cheshire on May 22. It's been a while but not too bad. Was 10 days in customs this end.

They also put a few more things into the container than was agreed, thought we would get charged extra, but no.

As we had not been out of the country for a year customs and excise did question our container and initially said we would have to pay VAT on the whole container. Anyway, we disputed this and had to send a letter of explanation as to why we didn't spend a year there and had to supply all our outgoing documentation and packing list. They looked at it and there was no charge.

Service was very good at both ends, they used AGS this end, never heard of them, but the two lads that came were great, arrived 8am, gone by 1.30pm job done, their UK shipping/clearance people were very nice to deal with.

Still for the life of me can't fathom how come it's more expensive to ship AUS - UK, than UK- AUS! But that's WA for you!

• 2 weeks later...

So glad Grace were good for you. For us, they were a disaster! Took 6 months for 3 small boxes. The service at the UK end was abysmal to say the least - they Inputted an incorrect email (which would have bounced right back at them) and did not bother to follow up with either checking the email or calling or even writing to any of the details given. Then when we enquired (well after the expected date, allowing time for glitches) where our stuff was they spent more time working out whose error it had been (blaming the Aussie end) than getting our stuff to us. So our boxes took from Jan to April to do just the UK part! I suppose a container is a darned sight more inconvenient for them to have around! They weren't cheap either! By the time our boxes arrived there was very little in them that we needed!!!!

Archived