Need Help ASAP! I need to apply for 186 now! (current 457)

rrr52

Hi im on a 457 visa and i've just found out i could lose my job in 3-4weeks! (50% chance)

My boss said as long as I pay and organise it he will be happy to go along with the 186 transition stream application.

Where do i start? (im on a 457 visa been on it for 2.5 years)

-are there 2 applications? 1 for me and 1 for my employer?

-are there 2 application costs involved? i know that i have to pay $3500 for my application but does the employer have to pay a fee to nominate me?

- do i need a medical and police check? ive been in Australia for 4 years i'm from England.

And Finally what happens if i get made redundant while waiting for the 186 visa to process? will it cancel and i lose my $3500 and have to go home?

Many thanks! grateful for any info!

I dont want to go back to uk :(

Yes it will be cancelled and you'll lose your application fee. It can take six months from application, and it takes a while to get everything together. Not to mention that they have to sign that to the best of their knowledge you'll have a job for three years.

I personally would be looking for another sponsor.

our nomination took 4 months to be approved and our temporary transition stream has taken since 12th march and still hasn't been processed so it may take a while. You will also need police checks from UK and Australia as well as medicals. It might be safer to try and find alternative employment (depending on what you do), or trying for state sponsored - but I'm not sure whether you can do that onshore.Good luck, and i hope things work out for you

Both you and your employer are obligated under the conditions of the 457, to immediately notify DIBP if you cease employment with the nominating sponsor, and then you have 90 days to find another sponsor. It's unlikely you'd have enough time to lodge your application let alone get it approved. You'd be far better off dedicating your time to finding another sponsor for your 457 or looking into another type of visa.

Hi im on a 457 visa and i've just found out i could lose my job in 3-4weeks! (50% chance)

My boss said as long as I pay and organise it he will be happy to go along with the 186 transition stream application.

Where do i start? (im on a 457 visa been on it for 2.5 years)

-are there 2 applications? 1 for me and 1 for my employer?

-are there 2 application costs involved? i know that i have to pay $3500 for my application but does the employer have to pay a fee to nominate me?

- do i need a medical and police check? ive been in Australia for 4 years i'm from England.

And Finally what happens if i get made redundant while waiting for the 186 visa to process? will it cancel and i lose my $3500 and have to go home?

Many thanks! grateful for any info!

I dont want to go back to uk :(

If you are about to lose your job, it would be fraudulent of both you and your employer to proceed with a 186 application. I would also recommend looking at other options, like skilled migration perhaps.

The point I've highlighted in bold is going to be your sticking point as clearly your employer would be committing fraud if after agreeing to this s/he made you redundant after a couple of weeks... [h=3]Who can nominate a skilled worker for this visa?[/h]You can nominate a skilled worker for this visa if:

• you actively and lawfully operate a business in Australia
  • you have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a skilled position
  • you offer a skilled position in the applicant’s field that is full time and ongoing for at least two years
  • you pay a market salary rate
  • you comply with Australian immigration and workplace relations laws
  • there is no adverse information known about your business or any person associated with your business.

Archived