Visitor Visa and subclass 8503

edwilson360

Hi there!

I am wondering if someone could give me some advice with my visa application process?

I have been sponsored for a 457 visa and the application was submitted roughly 3 months ago but I am still waiting. I am a British Citizen with no criminal record or anything else like that which could effect a visa application.

It is now becoming pretty inconvenient for me to stay in the UK so I would like to apply for another holiday visa so I can get over to Oz. Is it possible to get a temporary visa so I can be in Oz whilst waiting to hear from my 457 application? If so which visa have people used, or which is the most appropriate?

I have been warned about the 8503 condition on some visas which could effect my 457 application which I definitely do not want to do! As I understand it, the Visitor visa (subclass 600) has a mandatory 8503 condition, but I can't see that the eVisitor (subclass 651) has one? Can anyone confirm this?

If I apply for the eVisitor (651) will I need a return flight from Oz booked or can I get away with just a one way flight? How long usually is the 651 application process?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Ed

Hi Ed,

The 457 visa should not take anywhere near that long. We make approx 30 457 applications a month and are currently seeing processing times of 1-4 weeks on average. Is there anything particular holding it up that you're aware of?

If you just want to get over to Oz and settle in while waiting for your 457 I would suggest the ETA visitor to be the most appropriate, but obviously you cannot begin working until your 457 is granted. There's no legal requirement to have a return flight, but just be prepared you may get a few questions when going through immigration as you'd usually be expected to have one.

Hi Adam,

Thank you very much for the quick reply!!

I have no idea what is holding it up, are there any common issues that can occur? The company sponsoring me has been approved for sponsorship and sponsored others so I can see what the issue is. They did ask for proof of my work contract last week which has been given to them which I think is a good sign of progress.

Thanks for the help with suggesting the ETA, just to confirm is it the ETA (subclass 601) that you are referring to? Do you think its a good idea to email Immi and confirm that there will be no 8503 condition etc that could effect my 457 application before apply?

Thanks again

Archived