Police check question.

Leesweeting

Hi! I'm new to the forum and wondered if I could ask a question? I'm just about to start applying for a partner visa to Australia from the uk. I have a little worry. About 10-12 years ago I was arrested for fighting, I had to go to court and I was fined. It was a stupid mistake (I was young). Other than this offence I have never been in trouble with the police. I was just wondering if this would affect my chances of getting a partner visa.

Can anyone help, or has anyone been in a similar situation?

Thanks,

lee.

hopefully someone else will come along to help, but I think (and don't quote me!) that as long as you give the detail of the court appearance/fine, then it won't affect your visa application. I think (again, don't quote me) that it's prison sentences that are more problematic.

if you search the forum, there should be similar questions where people have given answers.

Guest Guest40285

Mate you should be fine, I had a criminal record as long as me arm and they let me in, that was a while ago but. Do a search on here all your questions will be aswered, Good luck and Happy days.

That's the slight niggle I have with my application- DIU in 2004, I have declared it in the form etc, and am hoping seeing as I've been to Australia twice and managed to get a US 10year visa (the US doesn't follow the Rehabilitation Act) I should be ok!

Archived