What will happen to me...?

LukeM

Hi

If I make it to Aus eventually...

I'll have:

Completed my GCSE's.

I'll probably have either finished or be just about to finish my AS Levels when I leave for Aus.

Would I be able to start 2nd year at a TAFE college when I get there or would I have to start fresh and do TAFE from scratch?

Hi

If I make it to Aus eventually...

I'll have:

Completed my GCSE's.

I'll probably have either finished or be just about to finish my AS Levels when I leave for Aus.

Would I be able to start 2nd year at a TAFE college when I get there or would I have to start fresh and do TAFE from scratch?

I am not quite sure. What you would be studying at TAFE? - mostly TAFEs are more vocationally oriented courses so if you had been studying automotive engineering (for example) at AS level then they would probably credit you with what course work you have already done. However if you wanted to automotive engineering and your AS levels were in Biology and History then you would have to start from scratch at the beginning of the automotive engineering course. Does that make sense?

I would think generally you would start a TAFE course from the beginning because they are post school courses and so everyone (well, almost everyone) who starts one will have completed year 12 and be moving on to their diplomas.

If you mean to get your year 12 certificate at TAFE then I believe there are ways of getting credit for the AS work you have already done if it covers the same subjects but in most states the end of year 12 has a definite assessment where you could be at a disadvantage if you hadnt done the whole course. You could also do your year 12 at a High School of course which is where most of the kids will be doing it.

Archived