Top Notch Curry?

Arniston Skippy

Dear all fellow posters, i am looking for recommedation of a good curry house/takeaway in the brisbane area, i had read a post earlier and i'mnow under the impression that most curry houses are a bit on the poor....................................

Please help a curry connoisseur ............................

:sad:Unfortunately I have heard through an English girl whos been over here for 3 years that takeaways full stop are crap especialy the curry ones. Shes write on the pizzas,KFC's,and macyds they are yuk

Gxx

Guest YellowGecko
:sad:Unfortunately I have heard through an English girl whos been over here for 3 years that takeaways full stop are crap especialy the curry ones. Shes write on the pizzas,KFC's,and macyds they are yuk

Gxx

Don't tell my husband..he loves the takeaway food here, as a rule..lol.. but I have to agree with what your friend says. It's not that all the food is terrible, as such, but McD's and KFC, etc, just taste different. The fries are crispier but I don't like the taste so much.

I think Big Chief do a really tasty roast chicken, but that's about it.

The curries are BAD! The awful one we had last night was supposed to have been chicken curry, but there was no chicken to be found. Instead, we had those hard lumps of gristle..you know the ones you get on the end of a bone? The curry sauce tasted of tomato, with a a few herbs and curry powder thrown in. Yuck! And the rice smelled and tasted of plastic!

All in all, we should've taken it back and asked for our money back, but over here, it's not as though these places are all on your doorstep.

We just binned it.

Jo x

Guest Liz and Paul

We've found that the starters taste the same, but the currys all seem to have cream in,so most end up tasting like a Korma!!

I was talking to a man this week who owns an Indian Restaurant on the Gold Coast, he has been to England many times and said that 90% of Chefs in Indian restaurants in England are from Pakistan and in Australia 80% of the chefs are from Indian which makes a difference to the tastes, he also said that the Australians in general do not like or are not used to a lot of spices therefore the dishes we're used to haven't got the same spices in.

Liz

Guest YellowGecko

And I have heard that the Pizza Hut pizzas aren't nearly half as good as they are in the UK.

Bleeeuuuurghhhh!!!

Jo x

We've found that the starters taste the same, but the currys all seem to have cream in,so most end up tasting like a Korma!!

I was talking to a man this week who owns an Indian Restaurant on the Gold Coast, he has been to England many times and said that 90% of Chefs in Indian restaurants in England are from Pakistan and in Australia 80% of the chefs are from Indian which makes a difference to the tastes, he also said that the Australians in general do not like or are not used to a lot of spices therefore the dishes we're used to haven't got the same spices in.

Liz

Pretty much true but I do believe that the food we eat at home is generally Bangldeshi food cooked by bangladeshi's. I tend to avoid Indain owned resturants anless they are South Indian ie Kerela.

Brick lane now is refured to as Little Bengal.

Can't wait I'm going to get one in about 3 weeks.

John

Saying that I have never had a good curry there.

Pretty much true but I do believe that the food we eat at home is generally Bangldeshi food cooked by bangladeshi's. I tend to avoid Indain owned resturants anless they are South Indian ie Kerela.

Brick lane now is refured to as Little Bengal.

Can't wait I'm going to get one in about 3 weeks.

John

Saying that I have never had a good curry there.

I mean I have never had a good curry in brick lane Australia forget it but pizza & Yeeros are good hear.

The curries are BAD! The awful one we had last night was supposed to have been chicken curry, but there was no chicken to be found. Instead, we had those hard lumps of gristle..you know the ones you get on the end of a bone?

Do you get many wild dogs roaming the street where you are?

We don't see any wild, loose dogs anywhere around where we are and the chicken curry's taste absolutely fantastic here ! :twitcy:

Guest JoanneHattersley
I regiously had an indian takeaway every friday night ,i used to ring and theyd recognise my voice and say''same order and delivery'' ,lol,,,oh god i really miss that,lol

Cal x

Mark was the same! Im sure that he was out of buisiness when we left. The last one our guy delivered was when we had the SOLD sign on the house and I think he was quite depressed!

lol,,i know what you mean Jo when ours realised we were going he brought me an orange tree???? like im going bring it with me,lol!! i gave it to my aunty to plant on our behalf!!!

we will have to try that Tamborine indian in a few weeks ,Gary busy on thurs for 3 or 4 weeks ,but we can go after that if you like?

Cal x

Archived