Adding a partner on visa 190 after application: what does it let the partner do in OZ?

DomiLia

Hey guys!

My partner has just been granted a 190 visa and I am currently on a Working Holiday Visa, hoping to use my partner's visa to stay longer in OZ. I was thinking of being added to his 190 visa as his de facto partner, but I can't find what would be my rights if I stay on his visa.

Can I work?

Can I travel from/to OZ?

Can I pretend to Medicare?

Thanks so much for your help.

Cheers,

Domi :)

He can't add you to his visa if it's already been granted. However, he could perhaps sponsor you for a partner visa if you have enough evidence to demonstrate your de facto relationship. If you're granted a bridging visa A, then when the WHV expires you will have full work rights and access to Medicare. If you travel outside Australia on a BVA it will be cancelled, so you'd need to apply for a BVB (before you leave) to be able to re-enter the country.

Hey Maggie, thank you so much for your help. So I guess I should get started with my partner visa. Would you know by any chance if the bridging visa A allows you to work full-time or is there a time limit of 6 months with the same employer like with the WHV?

Hey guys!

My partner has just been granted a 190 visa and I am currently on a Working Holiday Visa, hoping to use my partner's visa to stay longer in OZ. I was thinking of being added to his 190 visa as his de facto partner, but I can't find what would be my rights if I stay on his visa.

Can I work?

Can I travel from/to OZ?

Can I pretend to Medicare?

Thanks so much for your help.

Cheers,

Domi :)

If your partner has *just* been granted a 190 visa and you were not on it, then how do you qualify for a partner visa now?

How long have you been a defacto couple and were you not one when the 190 was granted?

When he applied for his 190 visa, it hasn't been a year that we've been together, so adding me to his application wouldn't have worked out. Now, it's been over a year so I'm ready to apply for a partner visa. Hopefully proving the de facto relationship won't be too tough as we don't have a joint bank account, or not a tone of documents proving it.

When he applied for his 190 visa, it hasn't been a year that we've been together, so adding me to his application wouldn't have worked out. Now, it's been over a year so I'm ready to apply for a partner visa. Hopefully proving the de facto relationship won't be too tough as we don't have a joint bank account, or not a tone of documents proving it.

Partner visas are one one the ones you need a great deal of documentation to prove your relationship is genuine and ongoing. Even when married and children within the relationship.

Agree for the de facto you need to provide a good amount of supporting evidence to go with your application. A proper paper trail to show you are living together, sharing a life together for the time period required by immi.

Also stat decs and letters from you both discussing your relationship.

Bills to you both or individually putting you at the same address. Bank accounts, even if not shared, that can show money between accounts (say to cover bills) and so on.

I'd better get started! Thanks for your help. Hope I'll have enough docs to prove the relationship. So far, we have rent contract, bills in both our names, we'll maybe open a joint bank account, not sure it's really necessary as we can show transfer between our two bank accounts.

However, I'd have a few more questions:

- how do you write a doc to prove your relationship: level of commitment, financial, physical & emotional support... does it need to be really formal? Can I write it?

- who can make a statutory declaration that our relationship is genuine and continuing? An Australian, but should it be a lawyer or official person? Not a friend?

Thankfully, I still have 6 months on my WHV meaning 6 months to work on this partner visa!!

You write your supporting statements however suits you. I did 3 pages of A4 typed . Hubby did 5 pages handwritten.

You need people who know you as a couple to write the stat decs. Read the partner visa booklet as it explains exactly what is required and the forms they need to write them on etc

• 5 months later...
You write your supporting statements however suits you. I did 3 pages of A4 typed . Hubby did 5 pages handwritten.

You need people who know you as a couple to write the stat decs. Read the partner visa booklet as it explains exactly what is required and the forms they need to write them on etc

Hi need help I have applied Eoi on single name and invite has come now I m getting married in couple of days and would like to add my spouse in visa 190 my question is whether I can add my spouse in 190 and will show marriage certificate...case office will not reject my visa right ?..case officer will not say apply eoi again n all on joint name n thn apply 190 visa again pls help

I'm quite sure you will be able to include your new spouse on your 190 application. If any questions arise, the date of your marriage will show why they were not included when you submitted your EOI. It may however be worth checking with your sponsoring state - depending on the state, being a couple rather than single may affect their financial requirements.

Archived