What Next?

Robbouk

Why have you applied for 3 visas? You should only apply for one. I am not sure what effect this might have

I have applied for all that I satisfied the requirements for 189, 190 & 489, these are all very similar types of visa's. Myabe my wording is not quite right, on my EOI I satisfied the 3 types of visa's.

I haven't heard or read any advice that hints at this being wrong or detrimental.

Paul

I have applied for all that I satisfied the requirements for 189, 190 & 489, these are all very similar types of visa's. Myabe my wording is not quite right, on my EOI I satisfied the 3 types of visa's.

I haven't heard or read any advice that hints at this being wrong or detrimental.

Paul

For 190 you would also need to apply for State Sponsorship. Most States expect you to fill in an application.

I believe 489 is not Permanent Visa, but Provisional and only lasts 4 years.

For 189 you will get an invite to formally apply in a specific order, but if you have enough points this is probably the way to go.

For 190 you would also need to apply for State Sponsorship. Most States expect you to fill in an application.

I believe 489 is not Permanent Visa, but Provisional and only lasts 4 years.

For 189 you will get an invite to formally apply in a specific order, but if you have enough points this is probably the way to go.

So ticking the box on all three during my EOI application is OK, not sure if, as part of the 190, I should be contacting each State now or waiting for any movement on my EOI (I did choose Any State as part of my 190 & 489)

Paul.

ps- Good luck on your application - hope its sooner rather than later.

So ticking the box on all three during my EOI application is OK, not sure if, as part of the 190, I should be contacting each State now or waiting for any movement on my EOI (I did choose Any State as part of my 190 & 489)

Paul.

ps- Good luck on your application - hope its sooner rather than later.

Yeah, you should be fine with what you have selected. But if you wish to go for the 190 you will need to contact the state you wish to live in. With the 190 you will be tied to that state for the first 2 years of your new life in Australia. I'm not sure what the situation is if you can apply to more than one state at a time, or if you have to apply individually and wait for an answer before you can officially apply to another.

We only applied to Victoria for State Sponsorship, because that's where we want to be.

It appears that the 189's are being processed quicker than the 190's at the moment, so if you have enough points for the 189 (i.e. not needing the 5 points for state Sponsorship), I would definitely be going the 189 route.

Cheers

Eddie

Yeah, you should be fine with what you have selected. But if you wish to go for the 190 you will need to contact the state you wish to live in. With the 190 you will be tied to that state for the first 2 years of your new life in Australia. I'm not sure what the situation is if you can apply to more than one state at a time, or if you have to apply individually and wait for an answer before you can officially apply to another.

We only applied to Victoria for State Sponsorship, because that's where we want to be.

It appears that the 189's are being processed quicker than the 190's at the moment, so if you have enough points for the 189 (i.e. not needing the 5 points for state Sponsorship), I would definitely be going the 189 route.

Cheers

Eddie

Hi Eddie

Sounds very similar to us, we were originally looking at the Adelaide area, but decided to cast our net wide instead. We know that the State sponsorship ties you to an area for a period of time and that the 489 is a temp visa, but we hoped to apply for a Perm Visa once there and then take our time to decide where we want to settle.

Its all a great adventure and simply seeking a better life.

Paul

Hi Eddie

Sounds very similar to us, we were originally looking at the Adelaide area, but decided to cast our net wide instead. We know that the State sponsorship ties you to an area for a period of time and that the 489 is a temp visa, but we hoped to apply for a Perm Visa once there and then take our time to decide where we want to settle.

Its all a great adventure and simply seeking a better life.

Paul

Good luck with the process, it'll certainly be an adventure (has been for us, so far) and seeking a better life..

That's all we're looking for too.