Getting finance for vehicle

davidtiffen

Hi

we moved to Melbourne 3 months ago and I have been working on a contract basis since 11th march.

i have a letter that says I will be made permenant in three months in the role earning really good money.

does anyone know if it would be possible to get finance to buy a car as we have been renting a car from avis since we arrived and keen to buy a car and stop eating money on rentals?

thanks for any responses

Regards

I got finance on an offer letter, but, I used a company that I had an excellent relationship from past years in Aus, I also used a broker that as a family we had used for the previous 15 years.

ask around, the car yards will have, or will be able to, have someone you can talk to. If you can't get finance why don't you buy a cheap runabout? That's what we did 1 week after getting back, then we kept it as a second car, I used it to get too and from work each day.

Based on my experience you can easily get a financing for your car, as the car loans are usually secured and in case you stop paying back, they will just take the car back. It's much easier to gte than credit card. They might also ask you for some down-payment (they asked me for 20% of the value), but I am not sure if that is a requirement.

I got my car a month after I moved to Australia and started at my new job (I have a 6 months probation) and I had no credit history whatsoever. The loan was accepted almost immediately (I got it from Toyota Bank).

Have you considered using GoGet instead of renting? It is not perfect (they charge you by hour and you always have to return the car to its original parking), it might work for you and its cheaper than renting. Check https://www.goget.com.au/ or any other car sharing companies.

Hi

we moved to Melbourne 3 months ago and I have been working on a contract basis since 11th march.

i have a letter that says I will be made permenant in three months in the role earning really good money.

does anyone know if it would be possible to get finance to buy a car as we have been renting a car from avis since we arrived and keen to buy a car and stop eating money on rentals?

thanks for any responses

Regards

Archived