IELTS Manchester

cherries002

We'll I'm off to take my IELTS exam today in Manchester, I need to get 8's for everything but feel totally unprepared.ive been dipping in and out of many help websites but still don't feel positive :shocked:

Oh well..... Fingers crossed.....

If you are literate and a native English speaker then try not to worry. I think sometimes this test is made out to be more than it is, it is not an English GCSE, it is a literacy test. I did 30 minutes prep, got all 9s and finished the reading and writing sections in a third of the time required.

After an hour and half of checks, thumb prints and photos I eventually sat the test !!

Listening test went as well as I could expect, the reading was difficult literature to read and so if I fail it will be because of this section I'm sure. Writing went ok too as did the speaking.

just feel really disappointed with the reading part :daydreaming:

I couldn't believe the pressure I put on myself before I sat the IELTS. Certain websites I found made me worry even more.

To be honest, i am not the most articulate of people and I find myself forgetting what I've read now and again. And with my Leeds accent I thought I'd struggling with the speaking part. :wink:

I passed with 8s in each section but think the stress of the situation makes it harder than it should be.

Best of luck