how much for a 4 bed home in perth suburbs

Andy, Paula & co

Hi all,

we are thinking of moving to oz and are just weighing up all pro's and con's. so far after research we are fancying perth, altho this may change at some point. we are wanting a better life for our three boys who love the outdoors. we will prob have around £100.00 to take with us. can anyone tell us how much extra on top of this we would need to find to buy a decent house in a nice area with a manageable mortgage. also has anyone any suggestions on areas, suburbs etc where work will be accessible. i will be a qualified social worker but OH more manufacturing/ manual side of things. we would love to be near beach but realise this may not be acheivable. any suggestions/ opinions would be welcome...

Kind Regards

Paula

:unsure:

Guest Paul n Ness

Hi

Prices in 'Perth' boomed to really high levels but now seem to be levelling out a bit. In some suburbs you can get a new 4 bed, 2 bath home for approx $450-$550k. Just remember that although this may not be much cheaper than the UK now you are getting A LOT of house for your money comparatively. :smile: You may pick up older properties a bit cheaper but near the beach you are talking quite a bit more!

Realestate.com.au is a good site to check out :yes:

Guest earlswood
Hi

Prices in 'Perth' boomed to really high levels but now seem to be levelling out a bit. In some suburbs you can get a new 4 bed, 2 bath home for approx $450-$550k. Just remember that although this may not be much cheaper than the UK now you are getting A LOT of house for your money comparatively. :smile: You may pick up older properties a bit cheaper but near the beach you are talking quite a bit more!

Realestate.com.au is a good site to check out :yes:

Are you kidding:huh: tell me where. more like $750 upwards in a half decent suburb.

Older properties aren't necessarily cheaper if they're in a nice suburb, also older properties tend to sit on a bigger plot than what's sold now.

have a look on Australia migration - suburb profiles, accommodation, schools, real estate, jobs in Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Darwin and Hobart click on Perth on the map and there will be a link to suburbs and average house prices - it was here to my dismay that I found out I couldn't afford to live in peppermint grove lol. The site also gives links to schools and comments on suburbs.

For me personally, I'd been offerred a job which initially meant working shifts and i didn't want a long commute late at night - so we had a general idea of where we wanted to be south of river, so if you've got a job offer consider how long you want your journey to be.

Ali

Archived