Move cube question

miw54

We are moving shortly to the Gold Coast and are interested in using a move cube but can't quite get a true idea of what you can fit into the different sizes. We have decided to only take small household items like towels and kitchen utensils/pots and pans, pictures and ornaments. The largest items we will be taking are the lawn mower and some other useful tools. We are not taking any items of furniture. We estimate most of our things would fit into about 8 tea chests. I wonder if anyone has used a move cube for a similar amount of stuff and which size they used. My other questions are about events at the destination i.e. Are there any further charges on arrival, especially if boxes are packed by ourselves. Also, we won't have an address of our own for a few weeks so do they have a collection point to pick up from ? I know we can ask Sevenseas some of these questions when the time comes but just curious to know through experiences of others.:biggrin:

If taking lawn mower and anything else they are going to want to check pack those things last so they are the first things they see when they open it.

There should be no more fees unless the lawn mower needs cleaning or some such.

Size wise, you'll have to work out how many boxes of stuff and do some maths ;)

We are moving shortly to the Gold Coast and are interested in using a move cube but can't quite get a true idea of what you can fit into the different sizes. We have decided to only take small household items like towels and kitchen utensils/pots and pans, pictures and ornaments. The largest items we will be taking are the lawn mower and some other useful tools. We are not taking any items of furniture. We estimate most of our things would fit into about 8 tea chests. I wonder if anyone has used a move cube for a similar amount of stuff and which size they used. My other questions are about events at the destination i.e. Are there any further charges on arrival, especially if boxes are packed by ourselves. Also, we won't have an address of our own for a few weeks so do they have a collection point to pick up from ? I know we can ask Sevenseas some of these questions when the time comes but just curious to know through experiences of others.:biggrin:

It takes several weeks for your Movecube to arrive, so if you send it off just before you leave, there's a good chance it won't arrive till you've got an address anyway. If you're not ready to take delivery, they'll hold it for you, but you'll pay storage.

You need to give some thought to whether you pack kitchen utensils etc because of that time lag. My container was delayed and we didn't get it till 10 weeks after we arrived. We'd found a rental place weeks before, and I had to buy a lot of kitchen and bathroom basics just to get by - which meant transporting those things in the container was a total waste of money. I'd say, if you've got really good quality stuff, bring it - but otherwise, consider whether it's worth it.

After all, it's going to cost you hundreds of pounds to ship this stuff - sometimes, the cost to ship kitchen utensils etc is more than they would cost to buy.

Don't think about what your stuff is worth, think about how much it's going to cost to replace it if you leave it behind. Prices are different in Australia. One good way to do that is to visit a few online stores (e.g. ikea.com.au, www.appliancesonline.com.au, www.harveynorman.com.au) and go shopping for your new furniture, then see what the shopping cart comes to! That may change your view of what's worth bringing.