Are BTEC National Diplomas Recognised by Oz Universities?

Guest MartinG

Guest MartinG

Hi,

we're hoping to move to Sydney later this year but I am worried about my eldest son's future. He's just started a foundation degree in Digial Media here in the UK. He was able to get onto this course by virtue of his BTEC National Diploma (level 3) in media (games development) - he has no 'A' levels. Is this a recognised qualification in Oz and, if it isn't, what can we do to further his education over there?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Guest Dolores

Hi

I have been searching the threads for some answers regarding aligning UK qualifications with Australian ones. I really hope you can help please. My husband and I are in the beginning stages of applying for a visa. He is the main applicant. He is going in on a 40 point occupation and has a BTEC National Diploma in Business and Finance. we have been advised that there is a 50pct chance that this qualification will fail with VETASSESS who ask for a AVQ Diploma. Do you know how they base their assessment and would in your opinion the qualification be recognized?

If not can you recommend an organisation through which my husband can gain the qualification through RPL. He has 9 years experience as a general manager.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Dolores

Archived