Jack13's quest to stay in oz

jack13

They don't only pick certain people. All valid EOIs are treated equally and ranking is done by computer based purely on points claimed and time/date submitted. The only thing that will prevent an invitation being issued to an EOI that has reached a high ranking is if the annual ceiling has been reached for the nominated occupation (most unlikely for his occupation) or if the annual quota of visas has been reached which only happens just before the end of a Program Year and resets as soon as the new PY starts on 1 July.

Provided his occupation remains on the SOL, and provided he has a positive skills assessment and at least 60 points, he WILL get an invitation to apply for a visa within a few months and if everything is in order (e.g. if he hasn't claimed points to which he is not entitled or fails the medical or character checks), he WILL get a visa. The SkillSelect system is a big improvement on the previous system.

So when I said I was going to do drama teaching (which is under the skill select under secondary teachers) and providing I have the maximum points and my occupation remains on the SOL until 2017, why is it people thought it wouldn't work? Is it because they don't let many drama teachers or teachers in general in??

So when I said I was going to do drama teaching (which is under the skill select under secondary teachers) and providing I have the maximum points and my occupation remains on the SOL until 2017, why is it people thought it wouldn't work? Is it because they don't let many drama teachers or teachers in general in??

They don't cherry pick. If your occupation is on the SOL and you meet all of the requirements i.e. occupation on the SOL, positive skills assessment, enough points etc, you will get an invitation when your EOI is ranked high enough. The cap for Secondary School Teachers is 1000 and nowhere near than number have been granted visas this year so invites for Secondary School Teachers are still available.

Of course, getting a visa is only part of the equation. You still need to find a job after your arrive, visa in hand. Drama teachers are not in demand (DIBP don't take that into account though - all they look at is the fact that you're a Secondary School Teacher) and you could well find yourself without permanent work for a considerable time unless you're willing to accept a job in a remote area.

They don't cherry pick. If your occupation is on the SOL and you meet all of the requirements i.e. occupation on the SOL, positive skills assessment, enough points etc, you will get an invitation when your EOI is ranked high enough. The cap for Secondary School Teachers is 1000 and nowhere near than number have been granted visas this year so invites for Secondary School Teachers are still available.

Of course, getting a visa is only part of the equation. You still need to find a job after your arrive, visa in hand. Drama teachers are not in demand (DIBP don't take that into account though - all they look at is the fact that you're a Secondary School Teacher) and you could well find yourself without permanent work for a considerable time unless you're willing to accept a job in a remote area.

Well i wouldn't even do that as a job once I'm in. To be honest with you I couldn't care less, I'd work in a coffee shop if I had too. So do I stand a pretty good chance then? Is it worth me completing the qualification? As its the only way without a defactio I can see myself getting into Australia.

Well i wouldn't even do that as a job once I'm in. To be honest with you I couldn't care less, I'd work in a coffee shop if I had too. So do I stand a pretty good chance then? Is it worth me completing the qualification? As its the only way without a defactio I can see myself getting into Australia.

I have no idea - it will all depend on whether Secondary School Teacher stays on the SOL which it probably will though it wouldn't surprise me if they were to restrict the eligible teaching fields in the same way as some of our states do. Some of them only sponsor teachers in specified fields, for example Victoria only wants teachers of Mathematics or Physics, Technology (Food, Metal, Wood or Auto), Language, General science, Special education and Information technology and Queensland only wants teachers of Maths, Physics, Graphics and Design. If they do, I think you could take it as a given that Drama teachers won't be on the list.

I have no idea - it will all depend on whether Secondary School Teacher stays on the SOL which it probably will though it wouldn't surprise me if they were to restrict the eligible teaching fields in the same way as some of our states do. Some of them only sponsor teachers in specified fields, for example Victoria only wants teachers of Mathematics or Physics, Technology (Food, Metal, Wood or Auto), Language, General science, Special education and Information technology and Queensland only wants teachers of Maths, Physics, Graphics and Design. If they do, I think you could take it as a given that Drama teachers won't be on the list.

Ok thanks for your response. Yes you see thats my problem, I need to decide if its worth it or not.

So then I am right in thinking if all stays the same as it is now, I'm 99% in?

Also; why do people do state sponsorship if this is the case? Is it because they dont have enough points? I always thourght it was because they didnt think they would get picked out.

IF it stays the same as it is now, you would be 99% in but only if. People go for state sponsorship if their occupation is on the SOL but they need the 5 or 20 points for the sponsorship. If their occupation is only on the CSOL, state sponsorship is the only way to get a visa without employer sponsorship.

And, I'm not a moderator so it's really none of my business, but you really should be asking your questions on a thread of your own rather than on someone else's thread.

Yes well I just don't see the point in working hard to maybe get into Australia one day when others just marry people/ get in because of their partners ect. Feel like I'm being mugged off a bit and being taken for a fool. But never mind I shall keep coming back:biggrin:

Yes well I just don't see the point in working hard to maybe get into Australia one day when others just marry people/ get in because of their partners ect. Feel like I'm being mugged off a bit and being taken for a fool. But never mind I shall keep coming back:biggrin:

There is far more to meeting someone and committing to them than you give credit for. Many never expect to meet and perhaps marry or settle down with someone from another country nor have any great burning desire to live in AUS but do so because a relationship is give and take, ebb and flow and so much more. Those that go with their partners to AUS by no means have an easier time of it once they get there. There is often just as much heartache as UK couples or families migrating as of course, someone is always going to be living outside of their home country, be they the Aussie in the UK or the Brit in AUS. Some may not have skills or quals to be able to secure a decent job once they move, others are at home in a new, strange country bringing up the kids. It can be very isolating being the migrant partner of an Aussie, make no mistake. It's far from easy unless of course you desperately want to be in AUS, don't care about giving up your life in the UK etc one jot and don't have any skills or quals to get you there by other visa routes. Then of course, meeting someone who can offer you that little meal ticket is a charm. As to if it's the person you love or what their nationality can offer you, well, only you know if you can live with that.

Well I came in on skills visa but I didn't work hard to get to Australia, never crossed my mind. No I worked hard because I enjoy achieving and I am a hard worker and wanted to build a good life for myself. Obviously I am older than you and we cannot compare our current lifestyles, but I was working hard at your age and I reap the benefits of that now. Don't know who you think is making a fool of you other than yourself.

One thing I am really glad about, is that I don't have the complications that come with a "mixed" relationship. Snifter is right, I think her move has far more complexities than mine ever had. They have to balance the pull of two families on opposite sides of the world, that no matter how happy they are, one of them will always be making a sacrifice of some sort. If children come into the picture the complexities only grow, have you not read those heart breaking stories of what can happen when a relationship breaks down and one parent is either trapped in a country they don't want to be in or the children have parents living 12,000 miles apart and maybe have difficult choices themselves if they are old enough.

To Be fair and honest Jack, you've just started the process and if you are getting fed up with exams and paperwork already you are going to struggle. We came in 92 and it wasn't a lot easier in those days. Cost a lot of money and time getting everything together, ratified by someone (more money), stamped in triplicate, qualifications ratified over here, selling the house, finding somewhere to live temporarily etc. etc.

Was it all worth it? You bet it was, just wish we had done it when we were your age. Keep going mate and jump through whatever hoops they put in your way, once you have citizenship it's just another string to the bow of life.

If you're only just thinking about completing the quals jack13 you are a long way off being able to get enough points to be accepted. You have to have a certain amount of experience to prove that you can do the job you are qualified for too.

I've just thread through this thread and I'm not sure who you think is mugging you off or taking you for a fool? I could be misinterpreting your post but it sounds like you think those who get in because of their partners occupation have done it the 'easy' way which is very unfair. And yes there may be some unscrupulous people who marry purely for the visa but to be honest that's a whole other set of issues. For those that are able to genuinely get in through marriage, fair play to them, it's got nothing to do with whether they've worked hard or not

Well I came in on skills visa but I didn't work hard to get to Australia, never crossed my mind. No I worked hard because I enjoy achieving and I am a hard worker and wanted to build a good life for myself. Obviously I am older than you and we cannot compare our current lifestyles, but I was working hard at your age and I reap the benefits of that now. Don't know who you think is making a fool of you other than yourself.

One thing I am really glad about, is that I don't have the complications that come with a "mixed" relationship. Snifter is right, I think her move has far more complexities than mine ever had. They have to balance the pull of two families on opposite sides of the world, that no matter how happy they are, one of them will always be making a sacrifice of some sort. If children come into the picture the complexities only grow, have you not read those heart breaking stories of what can happen when a relationship breaks down and one parent is either trapped in a country they don't want to be in or the children have parents living 12,000 miles apart and maybe have difficult choices themselves if they are old enough.

And so what? Its the same problems any new migrant faces. I dont feel sorry for them at all, I would do just about anything to be in their shoes.

I've just thread through this thread and I'm not sure who you think is mugging you off or taking you for a fool? I could be misinterpreting your post but it sounds like you think those who get in because of their partners occupation have done it the 'easy' way which is very unfair. And yes there may be some unscrupulous people who marry purely for the visa but to be honest that's a whole other set of issues. For those that are able to genuinely get in through marriage, fair play to them, it's got nothing to do with whether they've worked hard or not

Why though? I actually dont care if its genuine or not? I don't think that just because someone has been luck enough to fall in love they should bypass all the issues other wannabee immigrants have to go through?!

To Be fair and honest Jack, you've just started the process and if you are getting fed up with exams and paperwork already you are going to struggle. We came in 92 and it wasn't a lot easier in those days. Cost a lot of money and time getting everything together, ratified by someone (more money), stamped in triplicate, qualifications ratified over here, selling the house, finding somewhere to live temporarily etc. etc.

Was it all worth it? You bet it was, just wish we had done it when we were your age. Keep going mate and jump through whatever hoops they put in your way, once you have citizenship it's just another string to the bow of life.

I feel sad when I see people over here my age, or even younger and think about the 20 plus years of life I wasted in the UK. I dont think I was ever truly happy until i came here. I think my family tried to give me a good life but nothing was ever quite right until now. i honestly believe if I had come sooner I would be in a far better state now than I am. I am worried about what going back to england for six months will do, its not a very good environment but hopefully I should withstand it, work hard and get some money saved for my return. I just hope I dont fall back into my old self. Iv'e changed and worked hard to become a different person recently. I can safely say now I'm not far off the person Ive always wanted to be.

To me I would have always failed if I stay in england no matter what job/ life I have.

Guest guest30085
I feel sad when I see people over here my age, or even younger and think about the 20 plus years of life I wasted in the UK. I dont think I was ever truly happy until i came here. I think my family tried to give me a good life but nothing was ever quite right until now. i honestly believe if I had come sooner I would be in a far better state now than I am. I am worried about what going back to england for six months will do, its not a very good environment but hopefully I should withstand it, work hard and get some money saved for my return. I just hope I dont fall back into my old self. Iv'e changed and worked hard to become a different person recently. I can safely say now I'm not far off the person Ive always wanted to be.

Serious question for you Jack, how many six month tourist visas do you think you will be issued with?

There is far more to meeting someone and committing to them than you give credit for. Many never expect to meet and perhaps marry or settle down with someone from another country nor have any great burning desire to live in AUS but do so because a relationship is give and take, ebb and flow and so much more. Those that go with their partners to AUS by no means have an easier time of it once they get there. There is often just as much heartache as UK couples or families migrating as of course, someone is always going to be living outside of their home country, be they the Aussie in the UK or the Brit in AUS. Some may not have skills or quals to be able to secure a decent job once they move, others are at home in a new, strange country bringing up the kids. It can be very isolating being the migrant partner of an Aussie, make no mistake. It's far from easy unless of course you desperately want to be in AUS, don't care about giving up your life in the UK etc one jot and don't have any skills or quals to get you there by other visa routes. Then of course, meeting someone who can offer you that little meal ticket is a charm. As to if it's the person you love or what their nationality can offer you, well, only you know if you can live with that.

I found it isolating and hard at first but now I have a lot of freinds here. I have a lot of Australian freinds, I dont really know any other poms over here. Only one or two. I would like the visa but I would not be with some one just because they are Australian. That said I'd only ever date Australian. But they must have a great personality and be absolutely beautiful and be every thing I am looking for. I couldn't settle for anything less. For me its love and its that perfect partner, that gives me my new life and ticks all my boxes or its nothing at all. :)

Serious question for you Jack, how many six month tourist visas do you think you will be issued with?

hopefully one every six months as long as I spend six away. and have the funds to stay.

I'm not working so I'm meetign the criteria, technially not breaking any laws. So I dont see the issue. I am happy and healthier than Iv'e ever been in my life. Thats whats important.

Sorry to the guy who started the thread feel as if Iv'e really hijacked it.

Guest guest30085
hopefully one every six months as long as I spend six away. and have the funds to stay.

I'm not working so I'm meetign the criteria, technially not breaking any laws. So I dont see the issue. I am happy and healthier than Iv'e ever been in my life. Thats whats important.

Well be prepared that you may not be able to get an endless supply of tourist visas, regardless of you not working or breaching any other rules, you may have to find a way to get a more substantial visa, and as you know there has been many a discussion over the ways for you to achieve one of those, after all you don't want to be disappointed if you are refused another tourist visa or stopped at customs and questioned,that won't do you any good will it

Well be prepared that you may not be able to get an endless supply of tourist visas, regardless of you not working or breaching any other rules, you may have to find a way to get a more substantial visa, and as you know there has been many a discussion over the ways for you to achieve one of those, after all you don't want to be disappointed if you are refused another tourist visa or stopped at customs and questioned,that won't do you any good will it

I dont really understand why that would happen because I am meeting all the criteria and following all the rules of the visa? Sounds to me people are a bit jelous Iv'e found this solution?

I supose if that did happen I may go to Thailand or Bali for some of the six months.

Guest guest30085
I dont really understand why that would happen because I am meeting all the criteria and following all the rules of the visa? Sounds to me people are a bit jelous Iv'e found this solution?

I supose if that did happen I may go to Thailand or Bali for some of the six months.

Jealous? Do you mean me? :wideeyed:

I have PR..

Nope it's merely some advice, in case your bubble is burst, plenty of others have tried going back on tourist visas repeatedly and you often hear cases of refusal or questioning, but I'm sure you've covered all bases ..

Jealous? Do you mean me? :wideeyed:

I have PR..

Nope it's merely some advice, in case your bubble is burst, plenty of others have tried going back on tourist visas repeatedly and you often hear cases of refusal or questioning, but I'm sure you've covered all bases ..

Well to me it seems like its the only option I do have. I will keep returning on those. I follow the conditions I don't see the problem, I mean seriously 6 grand coming into Australia, i'm not taking anything out other than the good experience I am getting. its a win win situation.

The people who get refused must not be making the conditions. Or they keep working/ looking for work ect ect. I see so many riffraff on the streets sometimes here, I think they should all go instead. Out with the rubbish as I like to say! :)

If I ever find out that Mr MtT married me and made me raise 7 children just to get a visa in to Australia, I can assure you that I will divorce him immediately and report him to DIBP!!!

Archived