489 VISA ISSUE... Help NEEDED !!!

RGK

Got a news letter form an immigration agent today. Can someone shed some light about this?

This is the news letter:

No more 489 visas to be granted till July 2014

In February, 2014 the Department of Immigration announced; due to a large number of applications there will be a limit of 15 invitations for subclass 489 - Skilled Regional (Provisional) (Sponsored) visas until further notice. This change was implemented from the 24 February 2014 invitation round.

Recently however, there have been a few people who have received emails/letters that state that the program places have been filled for the year and there is no clear answer as to when their visas will be granted.

This will mean processing times may be longer and if/ when the remaining places are used, the department cannot grant any application until the following program year, unless more visa places become available.

Various expat forums are full of discussions as to what is happening and the reason for this extended delay especially since recently the 489 processing time on the Department website was reduced to 3 months from the previous 6 months.

There has been no clear update regarding this matter on the department website and the people waiting for their 489 grants seem to stuck in a limbo of not knowing if and when their visas will be granted. Invitations will still continue to proceed as scheduled however actual visa grants have been stopped till the end of the financial year.

It appears that the department has exhausted its quota for these visas, there will be no more visas granted till 1st July, 2014 and there may be indefinite delays in 489 visas being granted.

Is 489-Skilled Provisional Visa (Sponsored) mean, 489-Skilled Provisional Visa sponsored by regional body? or family?

I have applied for 489 VISA with regional sponsorship in NSW (12-04-2014) and waiting for a case officer to be appointed. I am literally shaking after reading the mail. I am really in need of some advise to get some breath.

Thanks.:dull:

It's fairly self explanatory I would have thought. Once they've filled the quota all applications are put on hold until the program reopens on 1 July so expect nothing until after that and then for a while depending on the backlog.

It's fairly self explanatory I would have thought. Once they've filled the quota all applications are put on hold until the program reopens on 1 July so expect nothing until after that and then for a while depending on the backlog.

Dear Quoll, I understand. But my panic behaviour is because I had already paid a hefty sum and anxious about the outcome.

Would you please be able to let me know if the 498 visa category explained about mentions 489 family sponsored or for 489 regional sponsorship? or for both?

Hi RGK, have you put this question to the migration agent who sent you the email in the first instance as they may be able to clarify? (there's nothing in the text you've pasted to advise whether it covers all 489 visas therefore you may be better going back to them to check)

Dear Quoll, I understand. But my panic behaviour is because I had already paid a hefty sum and anxious about the outcome.

Would you please be able to let me know if the 498 visa category explained about mentions 489 family sponsored or for 489 regional sponsorship? or for both?

Why don't you ask your agent what the letter they sent to you means. I thought the caps was on family sponsored to be honest, but you are paying this agent so ask. Even if your queue is being capped, I don't think there is anything to panic over, it is not that long until July.

On the Reports page for Skillelect visas it states:

"Due to a large number of applications there will be a limit of 15 invitations for subclass 489 - Skilled Regional (Provisional) (Sponsored) visas until further notice. This change was implemented from the 24 February 2014 invitation round.

Please note that this will not have any impact on state or territory government nominations for subclass 489 - Skilled Regional (Provisional) (State or territory nominated) visas and nominations for these visas can continue."

Thanks Louisella, Rupert and Ozmaniac,

This was from the news letter I subscribed to. Hence I may not be able to ask the agent. However, from other sources (Thanks Ozmaniac :) ) I understood that the above may not affect State or territory nominated visa.

Thanks for your time mates.

This forum is awesome. :ssign19:

• 2 months later...

Archived