What's left and how long?

Guest Rbecca

Okay - the medicals have been cleared, I am proven to be crime free and my assurer has coughed up $3650 to Centrlink who have told Immigration I wont be costing them money. What's left to do now? What piece of endless paper shuffling can they ask for now? Or is that really it?Is it just the waiting now? And if it is, how long will it be before I hear something? Will it be the last something as in 'Off you go whenever you like'? I admit I am becoming a tad impatient, but we've just gone back to school and already the paperwork there is piling up alarmingly!

Rebecca

Guest daisydeeds

Rebecca. Hiyah. Not sure how long you need to wait but I would think that it wont be long. You are just a wee bitty ahead than we are. Our bond hasnt been lodged yet but will be, all going well, next week. What class of visa will you be getting?

daisydeeds

Hi Daisydeeds,

It's a ClassBQ 139 Skilled designated area sponsored visa (I had to look it up!)

I don't know whether to put the house on the market. I could find somewhere temporarily to live if it sells quickly, but the whole idea of clearing and primping fills me with dread. I need to set myself some goals such as a room every day, but you know what it's like when you get home from work. On the other hand, selling the house is a definite statement of intent to leave and that worries me too in some ways. Good grief! I sound loopy! Usually I'm really upbeat about about the whole process I'm a bit discouraged at the moment since the it's taking so long.

I'm a teacher and heading off on my lonesome to the north of Brisbane.

What about you?

Rebecca

Guest daisydeeds

Hey we are 138 Skilled Sponsored visa. We started the process 16 months ago. My hubby is an IT bod and we are headed into NSW. I hated clutter clearing our house but we had to be ruthless - we have stuff in storage ready for shipping whenever we know we have the visa (this was done the day before we moved out) . I had bags and bags of stuff for the charity shop (three children) and we gave away things to friends and relatives months ago. In the flat we are living in for the moment it is incredibly hard going as we have no garden and Ive had the kids out of school (long story) from mid June. We are ready to go NOW. ;-) My rellies suggested landing in Oz and going to see Centrelink ourselves in Australia ie lodging our bond in person - there is so much red tape to get through its horendous.

Have you got your house sold or are you putting it on the market as soon as you are granted your visa? Just to say that it took us seven months of stress and we had to remarket our house in order to sell it - glad its done with now I have to say!

Daisydeeds

Blimey! What a slog you are having. No I haven't put the house up for sale yet. I expect I shall get up in the morning, have a quick tidy up, ring an estate agent and have the house sold the day after I am given the go ahead. Or possibly not!

I could shove all the tat in the garage if the garage wasn't full (stuffed) with rubbish belonging not just to me, but my sister and neighbours daughter and it is damp and the door is wonky. On second thoughts, the garage isn't the best place.

I did manage to persuade my mum to come over soon for a couple of days and sort out the garden though. One more thing almost sorted. In fact that's my life at the moment - almost sorted!

Rebecca

Guest daisydeeds

Wow.

Might be a good idea to work room to room lol then onto the garage, then the garden ;-) Wow youve got a lot to do! An idea might be to sift through clothes first, then onto clutter in bedrooms, then onto other rooms, then lastly the garage - thats how I did it ;-) Gradually though - I remember us looking at our boys room and thinking... where do we start?

I phoned the Marie Curie shop and asked them to come collect the six bags that had come out of there. If you feel you have time you could always ebay stuff as well - things that you arent likely to use again. Ruthless is the name of the game ! ;-)

Clutter clearing is very therapeutic too ;-)

- If I were you I would suggest that folk come and help you sort it all out, if it doesnt all belong to you !!!! Put some old clothes on, some loud rock music on, kit yourself with some black bags and go for it girl ;-) hee hee

Daisydeeds.

YIPEE! I cleared a bedroom and a half this afternoon and the lounge looks pretty good too! Two bags of rubbish accumulated and a large amount of 'stuff' hidden under beds and in wardrobes. In a couple of weeks there will be notices on all doors warning of the danger of rapid opening!

Rebecca

I bet charity shops love us!

When I buy a house in Oz I want cupboards! Lots of cupboards! Big cupboards! Cupboards everywhere! And some other rooms as well, but cupboards are very important.

Rebecca

Built in wardrobes like extra rooms!! Will end up taking sooo much stuff - I am trying to get rid of stuff honest :oops: - 3 more bags for the Wednesday charity bag collection man! Had to laugh when hubby had to tell the collection man that the bags were heavy - health and safety??

Soon be sorted (I hope!).

Ali

Well done Girls for all the clutter clearing!!! and am I right that its therapeutic? hee hee. Itll give the charities a bit of extra things to sell so youre both doing good for the world ;-) good karma coming your way ;-) I love rummaging in the charity shops myself but have had to try not to ;-)

My method of keeping clutter down is clearing out things that the kids have outgrown methodically and restricting what we buy, certainly until such times as we get to Oz!

keep up the good work!

Daisydeeds.

Haven't started on the kids toys properly yet - will do that when Tom (7) not at home - if he sees it he'll want to keep it (irrespective of the fact he's not played with it for several months) - what he doesn't know he's still got he won't miss!!

Ali

Archived