Best city/area to begin my work holiday - employment is my main concern.

Drevv

I'm now well committed to a WH starting sometime this June. Unfortunately, I will only have a bit more than $2500 USD when I land. I do, however, have a credit card if necessary. I really want to avoid using credit if I can. My goal is to top-up my funds a bit so I can genuinely explore the country without the worry.

I have used this forum quite a bit over the past couple weeks. There has been so much helpful info.... just wanted to say thanks to everyone.

I'm now well committed to a WH starting sometime this June. Unfortunately, I will only have a bit more than $2500 USD when I land. I do, however, have a credit card if necessary. I really want to avoid using credit if I can. My goal is to top-up my funds a bit so I can genuinely explore the country without the worry.

I have used this forum quite a bit over the past couple weeks. There has been so much helpful info.... just wanted to say thanks to everyone.

Im in the exact same position as you bro! Ill have a bit more money but will still need to get straight into work. Have you thought of getting your agricultural work done first or are you just looking for any job?

Any job for sure. I definitely haven't romanticized a cozy high-paying gig on the beach, with topless girls running around. From what I have seen on job boards, kitchen/barista jobs are plentiful... with experience, which I do not have:sad:

The U.S. isn't eligible for a 2nd year on their visa. Although, I have done a lot of agricultural work in the past, and would do it in Oz if the opportunity was there.

G'day mate, the north east coast of Australia gets squillions of 'rubbernecks' from the south from May to Oct as it is the Australian winter and thus, a good place to look for work would be the tourist places on the Queensland coast. Similarly, if you can work in a pub, any of the warmer places would do as a start.

Cheers, Bobj.

maybe check out some WWOOFING or other places were you can work without paying board. Last thing you want to do is run out of money in 1-2 months.

Least you have your CC as a back up, now untill you leave id try and save up as much money as you can.

maybe check out some WWOOFING or other places were you can work without paying board. Last thing you want to do is run out of money in 1-2 months.

Least you have your CC as a back up, now untill you leave id try and save up as much money as you can.

what is the main wwoofing site to use? As the main one that comes up for Oz, you have to pay to join?

• 1 month later...

Archived